Home

Franchise plans

This is a discussion on Franchise plans within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-22-2017, 08:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Franchise plans

Wondering how you guys will play your franchise. Mainly if you'll have your own plan or follow the plan the team has in real life at the start. I'm a Red Sox fan and will be using them. I plan on following the 3 year window the team has put itself into. Especially considering Xander and Mookie said they aren't considering extensions at this time. Probably try to rebuild the system without ruining that window. Hoping it'll be a fun challenge trying to balance DD's aggressive win now style and my preferred way of building through the farm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2017, 08:58 PM   #2
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Franchise plans

Play my franchise the same way I played this year.

I have had an epiphany year before last. I realized I was spending the first couple of months waiting on Rosters and Slider and other misc. crap.

So last year the day the game released I started my Nationals Franchise. By the time the rosters game out this year I was thru spring training and into my franchise by a good couple of weeks.

So no longer do I wait for anything. I play at All Star and everything else at default and I have never enjoyed the game more!!!

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:28 PM   #3
Rookie

sc050610's Arena

I am torn on what to do with the Orioles. Pretty much everyone is a free agent within the next two years and don't really want to let anyone walk without getting something for them. I could just go with the team for 2017 and see what happens then just rebuild for 2018 or just say screw it and rebuild from the get go by trading Britton, Tillman, Jones, Hardy, Trumbo, Brach, O'Day. I want to resign Manny and build around him but I will need a top farm system to be able to afford to field a good team around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-22-2017, 09:33 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah, there's no way in **** I'm following the John Coppolella Plan. Whatever that is.
I'll wing it and play it by ear. I am intrigued at the possibility of using R.A. Dickey and Bartolo Colon
but if they dont play well in ST and April, I'll dump 'em by May for whatever I can get.
Even if that's next to nothing.

A Work in Progress
Old 01-22-2017, 10:06 PM   #5
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm going to run a franchise this year with either the Braves or Dbacks (I'll only be the Dbacks if the red/black alternates make it in. I know at least one of them will be in for sure). I may also run with the Rays. Thinking one AL team and one NL team. Haven't decided yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2017, 10:13 PM   #6
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

I'll continue with my Cardinals and Athletics/Sounds franchises, but not my historical one. Might start a newer Cardinals one without Heyward too.

I always follow my own plan, but the unique thing with the A's is that I got rid of nearly everybody and called up the farm from Nashville. I kept Gray, Doolittle, Madson, and Semien, but that's about it.

Last edited by sydrogerdavid; 01-22-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:14 PM   #7
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

My main franchise will be with the Royals. I'll do a fantasy draft one when the game comes out while I wait for OSFM. At the moment im a lot less excited for baseball than I was 12 hours ago.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:17 PM   #8
All Star

I usually use the first live roster update after opening day and I try to find a NL team which is poor and has been botched by the front office. This year that will probably be San Diego although since they moved the fences in at Petco I might use a different ballpark - maybe Turner Field or Sun Life which are more pitcher friendly. I like to build around pitching and speed. In manage mode difficulty doesn't matter so I leave it on veteran. I'm not really a Padres fan but I like a challenge and that is a challenge.

Once I start my franchise the first thing I do is look at the attributes of my players. Sometimes a good cpu generated player will drop onto the roster. Then I make extensive use of the search feature to find players which fit my needs and the attributes I value in pitchers and position players. Before I make too many trades - using self imposed strict trade restrictions - I play a few games to see what gameplay is like. The ease or difficulty of stealing can fluctuate from year to year so I play a few games to figure that out and then make a deal or two to acquire speed. The game in the past has been programed with some decent players who are D potential. Those players because of their low potential tend to be relatively easy to trade for so in positions of need I look to acquire guys like that to fill in until I can sign or draft a more long term solution.

Then I look at scouts and replace as needed. I wait until after the first season to replace those coaches who need to be replaced. Of course this is based upon franchise mode from last season and there could be other things depending on what the Show 17 adds or changes regarding franchise.

Good thread, thanks to the op for starting it. It is always interesting to see how others play the mode.

Last edited by tessl; 01-23-2017 at 12:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »