Home

Year to year saves, real life retired players have no pic & generic face

This is a discussion on Year to year saves, real life retired players have no pic & generic face within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-21-2017, 08:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Year to year saves, real life retired players have no pic & generic face

Hey I don't know if anyone cares about this issue but here's what i wrote in a bug report. Hopefully they can get this fixed for mlb 17.

If you carry over a save from mlb 15, you have players who have actually retired in real life. But they are still in your save file. In mlb 16, they have no picture and they have a generic face. It's the same face for all those players regardless of their skin. The players do carry over their correct player model(body).

So I've read that it's because those players are no longer part of the mlb player association.

As a workaround/solution for mlb 17, I suggest SCEA makes all players editable.

I think madden actually added that this past year, you can edit Tom Brady if you want. Everything is editable, it's basically everything that's available when actually creating a player in madden. I'd say mlb the show has an even better editing player feature, since you can actually edit the faces vs madden having generic presets.

So mlb 17 could make height/weight, face, hair, eye color, etc. not only available for mid-season added rookies, minor leaguers but also for regular established players that San Diego Studios creates on their own.

Also the option to import/export players while in a franchise would be amazing. That way you aren't stuck with old player models in year to year saves. You can actually play with an accurate Dansby Swanson or Trevor Story. They would be the mlb 17 model, complete with their picture. This would help add to the realism.

These two small additions would add surprisingly much more realism to franchise mode. The reason people play mlb the show and why it's been so successful is because people want to play as real life mlb players with accurate batting stances, equipment, etc.

Well thanks to whoever reads this. I have purchased every game since 08 and when I think the game can't improve more you guys add new features like expanded stats in mlb 16. That was my favorite improvement and made franchise much better. So you guys always do a good job listening to the community.

TL;DR: Making every single player completely editable would fix it.

Last edited by brandonm117; 01-22-2017 at 09:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2017, 09:35 AM   #2
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Year to year saves, real life retired players have no pic & generic face

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonm117
Hey I don't know if anyone cares about this issue but here's what i wrote in a bug report. Hopefully they can get this fixed for mlb 17.

If you carry over a save from mlb 15, you have players who have actually retired in real life. But they are still in your save file. In mlb 16, they have no picture and they have a generic face. It's the same face for all those players regardless of their skin. The players do carry over their correct player model(body).

So I've read that it's because those players are no longer part of the mlb player association.

As a workaround/solution for mlb 17, I suggest SCEA makes all players editable.

I think madden actually added that this past year, you can edit Tom Brady if you want. Everything is editable, it's basically everything that's available when actually creating a player in madden. I'd say mlb the show has an even better editing player feature, since you can actually edit the faces vs madden having generic presets.

So mlb 17 could make height/weight, face, hair, eye color, etc. not only available for mid-season added rookies, minor leaguers but also for regular established players that San Diego Studios creates on their own.

Also the option to import/export players while in a franchise would be amazing. That way you aren't stuck with old player models in year to year saves. You can actually play with an accurate Dansby Swanson or Trevor Story. They would be the mlb 17 model, complete with their picture. This would help add to the realism.

These two small additions would add surprisingly much more realism to franchise mode. The reason people play mlb the show and why it's been so successful is because people want to play as real life mlb players with accurate batting stances, equipment, etc. And it would be cool to see prince fielder play a full healthy season in Arlington even though he retired in real life.

Well thanks to whoever reads this. I have purchased every game since 08 and when I think the game can't improve more you guys add new features like expanded stats in mlb 16. That was my favorite improvement and made franchise much better. So you guys always do a good job listening to the community.

TL;DR: Making every single player completely editable would fix it.
Awhile back, Ramone said (I believe) that SCEA players will never be editable. That falls in with the MLBPA and player likeness thing as well. I think that's also the reason you can no longer edit the cap brim style for SCEA players.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Year to year saves, real life retired players have no pic & generic face

Aw crap :/ well that sucks

Thanks for the answer

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »