Home

Screwing people over in item exchange.

This is a discussion on Screwing people over in item exchange. within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-20-2017, 05:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thumbs down Screwing people over in item exchange.

So I saved like 1 month worth of coins and did probably 6x 5 star move exchanges because of the happy hour going on and I got the following:

4x gogoplata Nate Diaz
2x gullitine sprawl - Uriah Faber,Bas Rutten
1x Armbar full mount - Bas Rutten

I exchanged all different 4 star signature cards including stand up,ground,submissions etc. and I did not get any stand up moves and 4x of the same damn submission. I'm sure they adjusted the RNG so all you are going to get are these couple of ground submission cards(Nate Diaz gogo being the most common one). It's seems like they'll do any sleazy tactics to get people to buy more packs with money now...

I'm seriously done with this joke of a game. lol

Last edited by SisterRay; 01-22-2017 at 12:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Screwing people over in item exchange.

I've never really used item exchange (especially to that scale) so I can't relate, however whenever I have used it I don't think I've ever gotten a useful card from it, today I got a couple of dupes.

It's quite pathetic that the base item has pretty much no influence on the result of the exchange and with the RNG in general being rediculously poor odds.

I think the algorithms for RNG change on a daily basis, I've noticed when atleast buying packs that there are just some items that constantly pull up during that day.

I can definitely agree that it's sleazy.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTSImperator
I've never really used item exchange (especially to that scale) so I can't relate, however whenever I have used it I don't think I've ever gotten a useful card from it, today I got a couple of dupes.

It's quite pathetic that the base item has pretty much no influence on the result of the exchange and with the RNG in general being rediculously poor odds.

I think the algorithms for RNG change on a daily basis, I've noticed when atleast buying packs that there are just some items that constantly pull up during that day.

I can definitely agree that it's sleazy.
Ive reached the point where buying back is pretty pointless cause I have pretty much most of the cards lvl 4 and lower i need. I usually save up for item exchange since that's the best way to get lvl 5 cards imo.

I remember last time I did the item exchange happy hour the RNG was truly random cause I got some stand up 5 star moves,ground moves etc.

There's no way out of 80 plus random 5 star cards every single one of them was submission and 4 of them were the same card lol. Unless there was some manipulation going on. I even restarted and reload ut with different fighters and still got Nate Diaz gogo consecutively.

On a business level it makes sense since they aren't making money letting people trade in for potentially good cards then no one would be buying packs with real money.

It's worse then that other time were I brought like 55 packs and got ONE 5 star card lol

The RNG is a joke.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:07 PM   #4
Rookie

I pretty much just buy packs for fighter set items/attributes (and hopefully some perks) often to no avail though.

Getting the same item 4 times is an utter joke though (and you may be right regarding manipulation), It's like a spit in the face to the paying customer. It's like "You bought the game now you can go **** yourself hahahah!" and "be sure to gamble some of your cash aswell".

All these triple A games just want to milk as much income of the consumer as possible, introducing the 'micro-transaction/rng' model to retail games (iirc it was originally used as an income source for f2p games).

Considering that some people have allegedly spent $1000+ alone on UT i can imagine that the money made from this is ludicrous with all the potential people spending real money on it.

Unless everyone were to just systematically/simultaneously stop spending money on UT or boycott said companies (EA in this case) products all together than we're probably going to be stuck with this crap.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Is there a happy hour going on currently?

If yes, do you know when it is set to expire?

I'm stuck at work all day so hope I didn't/don't miss it. I've been stockpiling coins and 4 star universal moves for this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2017, 07:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsfreak
Is there a happy hour going on currently?

If yes, do you know when it is set to expire?

I'm stuck at work all day so hope I didn't/don't miss it. I've been stockpiling coins and 4 star universal moves for this.
I don't know when it'll expire but it's on right now I beleive.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTSImperator
I pretty much just buy packs for fighter set items/attributes (and hopefully some perks) often to no avail though.

Getting the same item 4 times is an utter joke though (and you may be right regarding manipulation), It's like a spit in the face to the paying customer. It's like "You bought the game now you can go **** yourself hahahah!" and "be sure to gamble some of your cash aswell".

All these triple A games just want to milk as much income of the consumer as possible, introducing the 'micro-transaction/rng' model to retail games (iirc it was originally used as an income source for f2p games).

Considering that some people have allegedly spent $1000+ alone on UT i can imagine that the money made from this is ludicrous with all the potential people spending real money on it.

Unless everyone were to just systematically/simultaneously stop spending money on UT or boycott said companies (EA in this case) products all together than we're probably going to be stuck with this crap.
Yeah, I was saving up to buy those cheaper 6000 coin packs with a guaranteed fighter set which was a fair price until they raised it to 7,500 coins smh... I also have a sneaking suspicion the rarer fighter set items are also being manipulated to give you more duplicates. I've gotten multiple lvl 5 bisping,dos anjos,cormier fighter sets that all sell for 500 coins so I gave up on buying packs for fighter sets now lol so that's probably another area that is not even random.

I think I spent close to 200 bucks on ut in this game and realized that I could've bought like 3 full price games instead of wasting it on buying packs containing mostly duplicates and moves that increase the same stats. I was fine with it all until today wasting about 250000 coins I have saved up on damn duplicates that sell for 1500 coins. That was the final straw for me. I might play occasionally sometimes but I think I'm going to move on from this game.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:30 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterRay
Yeah, I was saving up to buy those cheaper 6000 coin packs with a guaranteed fighter set which was a fair price until they raised it to 7,500 coins smh... I also have a sneaking suspicion the rarer fighter set items are also being manipulated to give you more duplicates. I've gotten multiple lvl 5 bisping,dos anjos,cormier fighter sets that all sell for 500 coins so I gave up on buying packs for fighter sets now lol so that's probably another area that is not even random.

I think I spent close to 200 bucks on ut in this game and realized that I could've bought like 3 full price games instead of wasting it on buying packs containing mostly duplicates and moves that increase the same stats. I was fine with it all until today wasting about 250000 coins I have saved up on damn duplicates that sell for 1500 coins. That was the final straw for me. I might play occasionally sometimes but I think I'm going to move on from this game.
200 bucks?! Man EA must love you right now. But yeah item exchange is a complete waste of time, I already made a thread about this. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-exchange.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »