Home

DT Help??

This is a discussion on DT Help?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
DT Help??

Okay, so I'm playing a pass-rushing DT that was undrafted (67 overall) and I'm a perfectionist when it comes to the practices. I need to get gold every time. There's this one generic practice specifically where I'm supposed to stop the inside run (computer chooses my play).

The problem is whenever the ball is snapped and the RB gets the hand off, the guard on the opposite side drops back and gets me JUST before I can get to the RB, and he gouges my defense for 4-5+ every time.

I can't back up off the line to try a different position, I can only move laterally along the line until I bump into another player. I tried waiting for a split second to see if maybe the blockers try a different formation, but then I'm just late to the RB. Even when I get the perfect jump and spin past my direct blocker, that opposite guard ALWAYS drops back to get me just before I can get to the RB.

Is there any fix to that, or is anyone else running into this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2017, 05:47 PM   #2
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Re: DT Help??

I find using the LB to stop the run to be best.

With a low rated guy like that, you may struggle. If you have better rated players, use them as the starters. You can leave that rookie as one of your focus guys but use the more talented guys to help you get gold. If I'm not mistaken, that won't hurt your XP earnings at all for the guy.

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-21-2017, 09:09 AM   #3
MVP

A 67 overall guy, especially a pass rusher which means he has a lot of low ratings and is small should result in it being a struggle against the run. You can also try subbing out the guard that keeps getting the block for an inferior lineman. There are a couple of other cheats you could do like making back up running backs into linemen for the drill. Just depends on how far you want to go. Realistically though it should be hard to stop the run without players good at stopping the run.

Last edited by timhere1970; 01-21-2017 at 09:14 AM. Reason: G
Old 01-23-2017, 04:00 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I find using the LB to stop the run to be best.

With a low rated guy like that, you may struggle. If you have better rated players, use them as the starters. You can leave that rookie as one of your focus guys but use the more talented guys to help you get gold. If I'm not mistaken, that won't hurt your XP earnings at all for the guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
A 67 overall guy, especially a pass rusher which means he has a lot of low ratings and is small should result in it being a struggle against the run. You can also try subbing out the guard that keeps getting the block for an inferior lineman. There are a couple of other cheats you could do like making back up running backs into linemen for the drill. Just depends on how far you want to go. Realistically though it should be hard to stop the run without players good at stopping the run.
I believe he is playing the DT. He can't adjust depth charts or play a LB.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splice
I believe he is playing the DT. He can't adjust depth charts or play a LB.

I'm pretty sure you can go into your depth chart, change the starters and then go back to the drills and it will reflect the new starters. It's kind of a cheat and a personal choice as long as you are playing on your own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2017, 03:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcourtne
I'm pretty sure you can go into your depth chart, change the starters and then go back to the drills and it will reflect the new starters. It's kind of a cheat and a personal choice as long as you are playing on your own.
I meant OP is playing as a player, not a owner or coach.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-26-2017, 08:49 PM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splice
I meant OP is playing as a player, not a owner or coach.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Operation Sports mobile app
ohhhh I didn't even think of that.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »