Home

What's your All-Time Starting 5?

This is a discussion on What's your All-Time Starting 5? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-17-2017, 02:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What's your All-Time Starting 5?

Just from your team. I'm not talking about across every team. Throw in a 6th Man too. Doesn't have to be a PG or SG. Especially if yours is loaded with bigs.

I broke down every team with my own opinion at the bottom. I combined New Orleans and Charlotte (each one separately would be embarrassing anyway) and Seattle and OKC. I also put in a 6th man spot and three bench spots for the more loaded teams like LA, Boston, Detroit, New York, and Philly.

Really interesting teams:

* The Nets having maybe the best scoring team in the league with a starting four of Kidd, Drazen Petrovic, Dr J and Derrick Coleman (who was a double-double machine)
* The Charlotte/New Orleans crew having a top-3 front court with Larry Johnson, Unibrow, and Alonzo, with David West coming off the bench, all in their prime.
*Jason Kidd (Nets, Mavs, Suns) and Wilt (Warriors, 76ers, Lakers) are each on three different teams.
*Houston is one of the most well-balanced teams in the league, with Harden, Drexler, TMac, Barkley and Hakeem, and Yao coming off the bench.
*Memphis/Vancouver is so bad I had to start Tony Allen and Rudy Gay in their all-time roster and got OJ Mayo and Mike Miller coming off the bench.
*Milwaukee is surprisingly deep and balanced with Oscar, Kareem, Ray Allen, Sidney Moncrief, and Michael Redd on the bench.
*For how good the Spurs starting 5 is (could contend with ANY team in the league, easily), their bench is easily the worst out of the group. Have Ginobili as 6th man (which is fine), and Horry, Sean Elliot, and Avery Johnson on the bench.

I have it on Google sheets below. Check it out and let me know what you think or what your team's all-time starting 5 is.

P.S. I might have some positions mislabeled in there. I didn't really go back and edit it too thoroughly.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2017, 05:20 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: What's your All-Time Starting 5?

Nice one! My 6ers Top 6 is not going to be all-time best, just my favorite players since I've been watching them. So let's see...

PG - Eric Snow (defensive-minded, bulldog, tough player)
SG - Allen Iverson (AI, 'nuff said)
SF - Aaron McKie (loved his game, methodical and smooth)
PF - Derrick Coleman (was older in Philly but had a good-looking game and a lot of talent)
C - Todd MacCulloch (when he was having a good game he would do his thing)

6th man - PF - Chris Webber (again, older and later in his career but still was fun to watch)
Old 01-17-2017, 06:04 AM   #3
MVP

3304Life's Arena

Point guard: Mark Price
Shooting guard: Kyrie Irving
Small forward: LeBron James
Power forward: Larry Nancy
Center: Nate Thurton
6th Man: Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Price is probably the best player we had before 2003. He was the best player on those early 90s teams, just unfortunate he played in a time filled with great guards.

Kyrie is probably the most controversial here because he's only in his sixth year but he hit the game winner in an NBA Finals Game 7. He's an Ohio hero.

LeBron needs no explanation. The greatest Cavalier of all time. Without him, people wouldn't know who the Cavs are. We were just that team Jordan used to dominate.

Nance was another big player in those 90s teams. A little before my time but things that I've seen of him make me confident putting him in my team.

Nate Thurmond was only in Cleveland for two years in the early days but his impact is so important to this franchise. He was the first big name to play in Cleveland. My dad idolised him so much when he was younger, he named me after him.

Big Z is the modern day Mr Cavalier. 14 years, a whole bunch of records and part of those championship caliber teams of the 00s. It's just a shame he chased the ring like Varejao did.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2017, 06:20 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3304Life
Big Z is the modern day Mr Cavalier. 14 years, a whole bunch of records and part of those championship caliber teams of the 00s. It's just a shame he chased the ring like Varejao did.
A shame? Ain't nothing to be ashamed of, he gave the Cavs 14 years! Starting C on my Cavs all-time team...
Old 01-17-2017, 10:23 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Pg: Rajon Rondo SG: Paul Pierce SF: Larry Bird PF: Kevin Garnett C: Bill Russell

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2017, 10:29 AM   #6
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

PG Tony Parker
SG George Gervin
SF Kawhi Leonard
PF Tim Duncan
C David Robinson

My man Manu is coming off the bench of course
Old 01-17-2017, 10:31 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

https://youtu.be/ilAUNI4EouM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2017, 10:59 AM   #8
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Clyde Frazier
Earl Monroe
Melo or Bernard King
Porzingod (this may be the only team he gets an opportunity to win with)
Pat Ewing

Whoever doesn't start between Melo and Bernard is probably the 6th man, but I don't want to leave out Starks or Oak coming in and ****ing up whoever tried to bully Porzingis, can't have this list without acknowledging Willis Reed.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »