Home

How to MAXIMIZE weekly XP in training sessions!

This is a discussion on How to MAXIMIZE weekly XP in training sessions! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-13-2017, 03:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How to MAXIMIZE weekly XP in training sessions!

MAXIMIZING TRAINING XP!

I have run a 32 player - fantasy draft league for 10 years; We have a great community of committed players (our participation rates are over 90%$ - skill level is wide ranging but all our players are "madden vets" - I was amazed to realize that many players were not maximizing the free xp that is available in weekly training sessions - so I wrote this tutorial to help them... I am extending it to OS users to benefit their pkay;

1) your 3 focussed development players XP is determined by their development level...

Normal development is 180 xp...

Quick development is 360 xp...

Superstar development is 540 xp...

* therefore you want players that are HIGHEST DEVELOPMENT here... the CPU puts highest rated rookies - I would consider putting the youngest players with higher level development in these spots!

2) each week you are given an offensive and defensive game plan to utilize; this gives you an in game bonus to players when calling it and an xp bonus dependant on the outcome of the "mini game" associated with it...

The higher medal you earn within the "mini game" the more xp you receive for the corresponding positions;

What many do not realize is that once you earn a GOLD medal (top level) in subsequent weeks you can SIM that same gameplan and you will receive the maximum GOLD xp! YOU ONLY HAVE TO BEAT THE MINI GAME ONCE!

In addition you can restart all of these gameplan mini games if you do not receive gold; so just play these sessions over and over until you get gold then in future you can just SIM and receive the max

3) upgrading your coach at the various players positions will increase the XP at those corresponding positions earned each week;

4) player development rating increases the amount of xp earned by players in gameplan session;

5) the higher a player is in depth chart the more they earn in xp for gameplan;

The top 2 depth charts spots receive the maximum; (top 3 for WRs, CBs) - so make sure you have young players you want to develop locked in those depth chart spots;

Players that are QUICK or SUPERSTAR development do not earn their maximum if they are not in the top level depth chart spots - but they earn significantly more then a normal development player held outside of the top depth chart spots. Therefore if you have a well developed QUICK or SUPERSTAR player and a couple young, normal development players (that would benefit more from increase xp), it may be more advantageous to prioritize these players to the top depth chart spots...

I hope this tutorial was helpful... You should make sure you consider all of this when doing your weekly training sessions - it's free xp you should maximize it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2017, 04:04 AM   #2
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

Re: How to MAXIMIZE weekly XP in training sessions!

In my second year I have focus trained the same 3 young, superstar players, and each week, one of them gets 600xp while the other two get 360xp. Any idea why this is the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krush
In my second year I have focus trained the same 3 young, superstar players, and each week, one of them gets 600xp while the other two get 360xp. Any idea why this is the case?

What are your XP sliders set at? The position for the one at 600 might have a higher XP slider setting
Old 01-13-2017, 06:28 PM   #4
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman33462
What are your XP sliders set at? The position for the one at 600 might have a higher XP slider setting

This is it, they are at different values. Thanks for the response.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:52 PM   #5
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENERRRR
MAXIMIZING TRAINING XP!

5) the higher a player is in depth chart the more they earn in xp for gameplan;

The top 2 depth charts spots receive the maximum; (top 3 for WRs, CBs) - so make sure you have young players you want to develop locked in those depth chart spots;

Players that are QUICK or SUPERSTAR development do not earn their maximum if they are not in the top level depth chart spots - but they earn significantly more then a normal development player held outside of the top depth chart spots. Therefore if you have a well developed QUICK or SUPERSTAR player and a couple young, normal development players (that would benefit more from increase xp), it may be more advantageous to prioritize these players to the top depth chart spots...

I hope this tutorial was helpful... You should make sure you consider all of this when doing your weekly training sessions - it's free xp you should maximize it!
Is this verified?

The thing is, there are times when I have a veteran player in the top depth chart position, while I have a rookie with a Quick or SS dev trait that is much lower OVR and I'm obviously not going to put the rookie in the top depth chart spot over him until he develops more.

If this is indeed how it works, then that's a seriously flawed system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2017, 09:51 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Is this verified?

The thing is, there are times when I have a veteran player in the top depth chart position, while I have a rookie with a Quick or SS dev trait that is much lower OVR and I'm obviously not going to put the rookie in the top depth chart spot over him until he develops more.

How is this flawed? Starters and top backups who play in specific personnel packages get the lion's share of reps in practice. It would be unrealistic if everyone just got the same amount of XP regardless of depth chart position.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:55 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Is this verified?

I think it's fine. As he said, your rookie is still going to earn more than a normal development player. It makes sense that he wouldn't be earning XP at the same rate if he was playing in games vs. wearing a hat and carrying a clipboard. As long as it's not super drastic, it seems reasonable.

I do think that there aren't enough ways to improve guys that aren't playing in games, but then again I hate the whole XP system.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENERRRR

1) your 3 focussed development players XP is determined by their development level...

Normal development is 180 xp...

Quick development is 360 xp...

Superstar development is 540 xp...

* therefore you want players that are HIGHEST DEVELOPMENT here... the CPU puts highest rated rookies - I would consider putting the youngest players with higher level development in these spots!
Sorry I stole this post from our LEAGUR board.... It would be more accurate to describe 1 like below because the amount earned is dependant on your leagues sliders...

When a player uses FOCUS training:

NORMAL development you receive a BASE amount of XP

QUICK development you receive 200% over base

SUPERSTAR development you receive 300% over base

I hope this is a better clarification...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »