Home

Cutting off baseline = Blocking fouls ?

This is a discussion on Cutting off baseline = Blocking fouls ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-04-2017, 08:31 AM   #1
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Cutting off baseline = Blocking fouls ?

How can I stop people from going baseline without it being a foul? I'm already in front of the person and they just charge into me and go out of bounds. But the game calls blocking foul every time. I was taught to use the baseline as a second defender.

This is in pro am with my LDD by the way
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 09:36 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Cutting off baseline = Blocking fouls ?

Don't ask questions you know the answers to. 2k will NEVER get defense right. They were on to something back in 2k9 when you could shade your opponent, but other than that, 2k has gone out of their way to patch offense out of the game because the defense just cannot match the offense.. going baseline gets you either a foul call, or if you succeed, you force them In to that weird Eurostep out of bounds animation which no professional collegiate or high school basketball player has ever been recorded doing. Who the French mo capped that animation anyways? Defense is super sluggish and the offensive player cuts are way faster than the lateral movement of the defensive players. How they haven't seen this is beyond my understanding. Also the players feel super heavy and ever since 2k11, they just don't feel the same. 2k11 the my players felt light and you could crossover and left right and stop on a dime at your hearts content. Now because everyone cries and complains and 2k wants to "cut the cheese out" You can't move as freely as you used to and people will continue to complain about the defense in the game until 2k addresses this legacy issue.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:41 AM   #3
MVP

ph33's Arena

I have this problem every night especially when dealing with point guards.

I'll have them beat to the spot yet every time I get drawn into an animation where they get "pushed" out of bounds but a dude standing still is the one who did it.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:25 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I can't remember seeing this done w\o a foul being called TBH...

You could last year.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:55 AM   #5
Pro

In fairness, sometimes this should be called a foul.
If you are turbo bumping them then it should be a foul.
If you are riding them along the baseline it shouldn't

It is called WAY too often and almost every time it's called wrong.
But, there are times when it should be called.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 12:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
How can I stop people from going baseline without it being a foul? I'm already in front of the person and they just charge into me and go out of bounds. But the game calls blocking foul every time. I was taught to use the baseline as a second defender.

This is in pro am with my LDD by the way
Yep. No exaggeration, it's almost an auto-foul just by holding L2. My only solution to this (big man, btw) is to just hold the right stick toward the basket. Can't press square. Can't press L2. Maybe a charge could work too?
Old 01-04-2017, 12:55 PM   #7
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
Don't ask questions you know the answers to. 2k will NEVER get defense right. They were on to something back in 2k9 when you could shade your opponent, but other than that, 2k has gone out of their way to patch offense out of the game because the defense just cannot match the offense.. going baseline gets you either a foul call, or if you succeed, you force them In to that weird Eurostep out of bounds animation which no professional collegiate or high school basketball player has ever been recorded doing. Who the French mo capped that animation anyways? Defense is super sluggish and the offensive player cuts are way faster than the lateral movement of the defensive players. How they haven't seen this is beyond my understanding. Also the players feel super heavy and ever since 2k11, they just don't feel the same. 2k11 the my players felt light and you could crossover and left right and stop on a dime at your hearts content. Now because everyone cries and complains and 2k wants to "cut the cheese out" You can't move as freely as you used to and people will continue to complain about the defense in the game until 2k addresses this legacy issue.
Probably the most nonsensical animation on the game. Irritates the hell out of me.

By the way, many of the blocking fouls on this game aren't blocking fouls. The ballhandler moves an inch and you're in a defensive stance is a blocking foul and it's called way too much.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:05 PM   #8
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk360
Yep. No exaggeration, it's almost an auto-foul just by holding L2. My only solution to this (big man, btw) is to just hold the right stick toward the basket. Can't press square. Can't press L2. Maybe a charge could work too?
Tried charge and the guy bounced off of me for an easy dunk. I'll try your tips too though.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »