Home

Any advice running the ball against the cpu?

This is a discussion on Any advice running the ball against the cpu? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-02-2017, 11:13 PM   #1
Rookie

Elphalpha's Arena

OVR: 0
Any advice running the ball against the cpu?

I cannot run against the cpu for the life of me. I have 90+ overall linemen and a 95 overall half back. If my linemen hold than lb rush the gaps before I even have a chance to get out of the backfield. My best game against the cpu was 24 rushes for 88 yards.

I'm using charters sliders with 55 run blocking. I figure raising won't do any good since those lb will stay run through before I even have a chance to go anywhere.

I feel like there's something wrong with my game or something since anything I try doesn't help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2017, 08:31 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Any advice running the ball against the cpu?

It's not just you. I play with the Cowboys and with human run-blocking set at 50. Elliott usually ends with 18-22 carries and 50-60 yrds. The problem is that most of these 18-22 carries are only 1 yards runs, a lot of them result even in a loss of yards. Occationally I break though with a big run, so that's why I still manage to gather 50+ yards.

It's as you said. My O-Line doesn't hold the CPU long enough to even get to the line of scrimmage. Most of the time the LBs just run past them.

I can't believe how anyone can play with run blocking set at 35 and still manage to get anything going in the run game.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:01 AM   #3
Rookie

Friend...i know there is another topic on this but are u playing with no patches? The reason i say is the off line crushes the defense when playing with the Cowboys. Like everyone says...dont even touch sprint until ur in the clear...one stiff arm and maybe a juke and ur gone with Zeke....i believe patched version has bugged the run game....and by the way run block is on default 50 OOTB Version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2017, 01:00 AM   #4
Rookie

I use Flasko's personal set with some minor tweaks. 100 run block, 100 tackling. I sometimes have 40 yard games, sometimes 140. On the season, I average around 4.5 yards per carry no matter what back I use though.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:22 PM   #5
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

OVR: 2

1. Shift line-blocking to favour the direction you are looking to run in
  2. Know the play - who is creating your holes and how
  3. Motion TEs and receivers to block for you
  4. Use spin and truck stick liberally
  5. Look for where the D has greater numbers near the LOS and run to the opposite side of the field
  6. Call a passing play to get the D in nickel or dime and then audible to a run
  7. The no.1 tip that is worth more than all the others combined: do not use the sprint button. As soon as you do, the D locks onto your runner - only ever use it once you're passed the LOS and in the secondary - patience is the key. Take your time, wait for the blocks to develop

Last edited by BritPitbull; 01-09-2017 at 08:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2017, 09:24 PM   #6
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Lower the computer tackle slider. It appears to be linked to block shedding. In other words, the higher the slider, the quicker the d gets off of blocks.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:23 PM   #7
Rookie

could it have anything to do with speed threshold?
i noticed this game, in everyone's sliders are speed threshold generally is over 50, my last madden before this the consensus was to have it at 0.
on madden 15, on all pro, it was easy to have 200+ rushing yards in a game, tried bumping speed threshold to 70 and was held to around 100 yards the other day.
i'm busy doing a playbook to try it.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:34 AM   #8
MVP

One thing I have discovered in the last week is to run the play as designed. I have been avoiding running into the red box since the games release by either audible or switching the direction. This is a mistake, I have been running into the red box a lot more often especially when the safety is not down and it has opened up the run game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »