Home

First Year 2017 CFM Free Agents?

This is a discussion on First Year 2017 CFM Free Agents? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-02-2017, 11:06 PM   #1
Rookie

HallROCK's Arena

OVR: 0
First Year 2017 CFM Free Agents?

I'm curious what typical free agents you guys have come across after your first year. I was disappointed in mine and curious what others have seen and interested if any players regularly show up when people have ran multiple CFMs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2017, 01:51 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: First Year 2017 CFM Free Agents?

Well not that kickers should be anything special BUT even though I lost Brandon McManus to FA, I acquired Greg Zuerlin & another well known big name kicker

As of now, both will use the 2017 preseason to compete for the job. 😁

BP

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-03-2017, 06:58 AM   #3
MVP

I started a 49's no salary cap league. Just went through the first offseason. Not much in the way of free agents without the cap. Was able to pick up an 83 wr and a 74 corner back with lots of speed. Was really surprised to see a youngish 83 wr hit the market as in my previous browns no cap league nobody that high hit free agency in the few seasons I played. Hasn't done much good as I go into my second season of rebuild as a 69 overall team. I expect to be fired at the end of the season.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:34 AM   #4
Rookie

I havent finished my first year CFM, but i notice that AI extends all of high graded player contract before the end of year, I dont think the AI is set to think to far into the future and will blow away their cap space quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2017, 07:08 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

The CPU AI does seem to discriminate between players it needs and can afford. Typically Martellus Bennett and Shaquille Barrett come up in year one and want $40M deals. I also see some good WR and at least one good CB come up, and the top guys want good money.

I'd say WR, TE, and HB are pretty solid depth wise in year one FA.

I haven't seen the second season, but I can tell from the cap screen that some teams will have to cut guys to get under the cap because they're currently close to the limit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 05:39 PM   #6
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
The CPU AI does seem to discriminate between players it needs and can afford. Typically Martellus Bennett and Shaquille Barrett come up in year one and want $40M deals. I also see some good WR and at least one good CB come up, and the top guys want good money.

I'd say WR, TE, and HB are pretty solid depth wise in year one FA.

I haven't seen the second season, but I can tell from the cap screen that some teams will have to cut guys to get under the cap because they're currently close to the limit.
Second year and third year are where it gets interesting. I've seen Amari Cooper, Bud Dupree (at 99ovr), Khalil Mack, Sammie Coates, Brandon Schreff, Byron Jones, Jake Matthews, Zack Martin, Odell Beckham Jr., and many more. Occasionally have seen Le'Veon Bell and Ryan Shazier in the first offseason but it's rare.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 01-04-2017, 07:12 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
Second year and third year are where it gets interesting. I've seen Amari Cooper, Bud Dupree (at 99ovr), Khalil Mack, Sammie Coates, Brandon Schreff, Byron Jones, Jake Matthews, Zack Martin, Odell Beckham Jr., and many more. Occasionally have seen Le'Veon Bell and Ryan Shazier in the first offseason but it's rare.
I'm trying to go budget in my franchise, but I'd have a hard time not chasing a guy like OBJ or Mack. Bell got $70M from the Steelers in my franchise--I knew he was up, so I went in to his player card and checked after the first off-season. I love Bell, but I couldn't see paying a halfback that much money.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:16 PM   #8
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm trying to go budget in my franchise, but I'd have a hard time not chasing a guy like OBJ or Mack. Bell got $70M from the Steelers in my franchise--I knew he was up, so I went in to his player card and checked after the first off-season. I love Bell, but I couldn't see paying a halfback that much money.
Yeah that's pretty hardcore but if you sim way ahead in franchises he usually ends up all over the all-time lists so I guess it pays off a bit.

I have a free agent rule to stop me from loading up on free agents in my CFMs, like I can only go after one 90+ free agent, and if I do I can only sign two free agents total.

Can't lie though, saw OBJ as a FA in my Jags franchise and I couldn't resist signing him, he's unreal:

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »