Home

AI cheese

This is a discussion on AI cheese within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-28-2016, 04:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
AI cheese

The AI in 2k is way to cheesy

Their movement speed is twice as sharp and quicker than player movement, even with slow players. For example in myteam Westbrook was full sprint and Jason Williams was staying with him jogging

On defense they steal way to many passes that as a player you can't even get close to stealing them always just end up attempting it and running 5 metres

They body you up way to much with there onball defense and as soon as you get close to getting around them they bump you back but for me as much as I try to lock them down eventually in the shot clock they get around you

They hit contested close shots like crazy but the percentage on players hitting them are low

2k has just made the game go down hill with tuning updates, making the AI cheesy just makes it not fun when you have to put up with the cheese when players can't do it.

So much for smarter AI

Last edited by stevencad123; 12-28-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2016, 08:42 PM   #2
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Re: AI cheese

But but but it's the smartest AI ever! OMFGLOLZ!

Terms I use for this game:

Slip n Slide - You slip 5 feet away from the defender when they zig zag to death. Slide like you're on skates trying to guard this cheese.

Body Bumpin' - The bumper cars on fastbreaks, bump into someone it's a turnove.

Chuck n Cheese - All the AI does is chuck up shots and most of them go in!

Bumble n Stumble - All the silly stumbling animations that mess up the flow of the game. Whoever came up with this idea should be ashamed of themselves.

Screen N Zag - All the AI does is call a million screens. Add the zig zag cheese and you got some of the worst cheese ever.

The gameplay is all cheese. Nothing intelligent about it. It's not real basketball. The most cheesiest 2K game ever made. In past editions you could figure out the AI and know their tendencies but each time you play this game they play even worse. The speed the AI plays is insane.

The double screen cheese, the zig zagging, the lowering the shoulder superhuman speed boost, the lose ball magically returns to the AI, etc etc isn't anything close to the user being penalized for nothing. The user cannot turbo. The user can't defend. Too many handicaps are placed on us. It's been 7 patches (a complete waste of time on both ends) and 3 months since the game has been out and these issues are still here. You steal the ball and you breakaway until you get bumped in the back and you either lose the ball or the defense is already set, so your steal was pointless. Bumper car collisions need to go. When a user "runs" a break all of a sudden the AI catches you but most of the time everyone is too close together, so you bump into someone and you lose the ball or you get called for a charge.

I am so sick of this. Last night was it for me. If I have speed with ball (Dennis Schroder) at 90 and some guy who has like 75 speed catches me then what can you do?

All the AI does is push the pace and spam the paint. I was told to change the game speed from 50 to 70 because this effects how players move but guess what? The AI already plays too damn fast as is, so all you're doing is boosting the AI already superhuman abilities. It's no use to increase game speed. All I ask for and others have asked for is for users to have the same speeds as the AI. I'm LeBron James and I feel like holding turbo does nothing. I rarely do a fastbreak solo dunk with this guy. I really believe this will never get fixed. I'm trying to like this game. It's frustrating. All the flaws irritate me but the user speed one irritates me the most.

Last edited by Hellquist; 12-29-2016 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Yes AI very cheese, thats why 2K always support the cheesy player.

AI cheese, calling screen zig zag and shoot. And AI speed boosting. Lolololol
Old 12-30-2016, 01:23 AM   #4
Rookie

I stuck since I don't play nothing else but NBA 2K. This is by far the worst in the series with all the problems and the patches not even fixing them. Will actually give Live a chance when it's released, because I need my basketball fix.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:53 AM   #5
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

They have HOF bruiser with 100 strength. They have HOF interceptor (that's not even a badge this year )
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2016, 09:14 PM   #6
Rookie

The patches have fixed very little, if not made certain things worse. They are to worried about selling VC and making money rather than fixing stuff.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:41 PM   #7
Rookie

I needed to pick a thread to vent in and this is the one, I actually signed up to say this. (This all for the PC version)

The offline player is being neglected here, and the problems that 2k always had feel like they've been magnified this year.

Controls are slow and the players unresponsive in comparison to the CPU counter parts. The CPU even knows this and takes advantage of you. Whereas, at least on the PC version, the CPU mirrors your inputs, that how they stay in front of you.

Inbound plays and plays in generally are WAY to slow to setup, even if your running a freelance offense (I run Flow btw). Inbounding and trying to select a player has had a freaking delay in it since 2k15 and its never been fixed, it cost me 3 games this year at the end of the game.

When the CPU wants to score, they simply walk down the court use animation to push my center under hoop, pass ball in score.

On double screens CPU refuses to switch. I have to manually guard them, and if I do then the CPU will magically find the center under the hoop. I have to pick each time down, guard the double screen cause the switch rules wont work, or have the throw it to the center in the low post.

This ones also great, remember Kobe Bryant Basketball from N64? I do, if you went to steal the ball right as a player in the post caught it they would drop the ball, same in 2k to a small but noticeable extent. Its a bug that can be abused as the player theres just one catch when you do abuse it. The CPU will get the loose ball nearly everytime.

The speed boost, I love when the CPU Pre rotates on a screen so the main defender is standing at the other side of the screen giving you a clear lane to the hoop. When you take the clear lane the defender will and they do 9 outta 10 times will catch up and block you from driving.

Here's the real funny thing this year its been so bad I went to see vids on other peoples gameplay. Its like im playing a completely different game. Or there not playing on all-star or above. You guys actually don't get the CPU standing on your shoelaces when you cross half-court. All my post sound like im furious and not really, In one of Sam Phan videos he said it best, im not losing these games, but the CPU having these lapses on D, and the cheese is what makes me mad, I still end up winning by 20 but its so frustrating.

If you wanna know what Im talking about with either double screen or post play against the Atlanta Hawks. This is all for the PC version if someone else feels my pain here.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkJay
I needed to pick a thread to vent in and this is the one, I actually signed up to say this. (This all for the PC version)

The offline player is being neglected here, and the problems that 2k always had feel like they've been magnified this year.

Controls are slow and the players unresponsive in comparison to the CPU counter parts. The CPU even knows this and takes advantage of you. Whereas, at least on the PC version, the CPU mirrors your inputs, that how they stay in front of you.

Inbound plays and plays in generally are WAY to slow to setup, even if your running a freelance offense (I run Flow btw). Inbounding and trying to select a player has had a freaking delay in it since 2k15 and its never been fixed, it cost me 3 games this year at the end of the game.

When the CPU wants to score, they simply walk down the court use animation to push my center under hoop, pass ball in score.

On double screens CPU refuses to switch. I have to manually guard them, and if I do then the CPU will magically find the center under the hoop. I have to pick each time down, guard the double screen cause the switch rules wont work, or have the throw it to the center in the low post.

This ones also great, remember Kobe Bryant Basketball from N64? I do, if you went to steal the ball right as a player in the post caught it they would drop the ball, same in 2k to a small but noticeable extent. Its a bug that can be abused as the player theres just one catch when you do abuse it. The CPU will get the loose ball nearly everytime.

The speed boost, I love when the CPU Pre rotates on a screen so the main defender is standing at the other side of the screen giving you a clear lane to the hoop. When you take the clear lane the defender will and they do 9 outta 10 times will catch up and block you from driving.

Here's the real funny thing this year its been so bad I went to see vids on other peoples gameplay. Its like im playing a completely different game. Or there not playing on all-star or above. You guys actually don't get the CPU standing on your shoelaces when you cross half-court. All my post sound like im furious and not really, In one of Sam Phan videos he said it best, im not losing these games, but the CPU having these lapses on D, and the cheese is what makes me mad, I still end up winning by 20 but its so frustrating.

If you wanna know what Im talking about with either double screen or post play against the Atlanta Hawks. This is all for the PC version if someone else feels my pain here.
Spot on. Everything you've said is 100% correct and I'm seeing it on the PS4.

I spend 99% of my time in MyLeague. I've never played a 2K game where I quit immediately after tip off so frequently because the first play off the tip will be the CPU cheesing me. If they win tip they immediately throw some laser to to their PF or C who's rim running and my big men are nowhere to be seen.

The patches have definitely not addressed any of the major gameplay issues and have made many of them worse.

The most annoying thing for me, that makes the game actually feel rigged, is the full court laser passes for layups that the CPU completes right after I score. I watch the replay and the reason it happens is because my PF and C are CELEBRATING after scoring while their matchup does a full court, uncontested rim run. This has been going on since launch. WHY WOULDN'T 2K JUST REMOVE THE CELEBRATION ANIMATION?!

Trash product this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »