Home

No more minor upgrades? Anyone else?

This is a discussion on No more minor upgrades? Anyone else? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-16-2016, 08:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
No more minor upgrades? Anyone else?

Hi,
Just did my 4th practice 2 which were team. Got ZERO points for any minor attribute. No more free throws, dribble work. Gold performances everywhere..except a couple weight room stations lol..and not 1 point. Anyone else noticed this? Don't know if it is a patched correction or not, but each practice would usually get me 2 points, and team practices got you a few things without reloads. Now zero for me. How the hell do you upgrade the minor attributes now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2016, 10:32 PM   #2
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

Re: No more minor upgrades? Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctahg
Hi,

Just did my 4th practice 2 which were team. Got ZERO points for any minor attribute. No more free throws, dribble work. Gold performances everywhere..except a couple weight room stations lol..and not 1 point. Anyone else noticed this? Don't know if it is a patched correction or not, but each practice would usually get me 2 points, and team practices got you a few things without reloads. Now zero for me. How the hell do you upgrade the minor attributes now?

Which makes me hesitate to create a new player. Grind now is literally worthless unless you treat it like a 9-5 job.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
Rookie

I got 1 upgrade in the 6th practice, after running 3 bball drill sessions. Nothing yet from the gym or free throws/dribble etc
Old 12-17-2016, 11:23 PM   #4
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctahg
I got 1 upgrade in the 6th practice, after running 3 bball drill sessions. Nothing yet from the gym or free throws/dribble etc

Really pathetic this year (I may get banned from saying this opinion.)

I have only one player I'm using right now to season 2 as creating a new one requires practice like work. Practice like there's no life and no assurance of gain.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:13 PM   #5
Pro

I probably did about 10 practices this weekend and got a +1 in the weight room each time. Usually got it on the 5th exercise. It doesn't matter if you get gold or even fail. I just through them as fast as possible.

When your teammate(s) ask to do a drill you can say no, you'll get the +1 as well. You don't get these often though, even if you do the drill. Seems random.

Then of course there's the reaction time. You can go ahead, do nothing, let the timer run out, fail and get the +1.

That works for me anyway and i'd assume it should be the same for everyone, i hope your save hasn't glitched.

edit: Just wondering, is it possible to get gold on the agility ladder or am i just slow?

Last edited by Lord Bonium; 12-18-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2016, 08:19 PM   #6
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
I probably did about 10 practices this weekend and got a +1 in the weight room each time. Usually got it on the 5th exercise. It doesn't matter if you get gold or even fail. I just through them as fast as possible.

When your teammate(s) ask to do a drill you can say no, you'll get the +1 as well. You don't get these often though, even if you do the drill. Seems random.

Then of course there's the reaction time. You can go ahead, do nothing, let the timer run out, fail and get the +1.

That works for me anyway and i'd assume it should be the same for everyone, i hope your save hasn't glitched.

edit: Just wondering, is it possible to get gold on the agility ladder or am i just slow?
You can get gold on the agility drill 😂

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2016, 02:58 AM   #7
Rookie

Before the upgrade I would get 2 upgrades each practice, just had todo enough. If I quit the team practice group drill I would get a point..ok sounds like a glitch but it is gone for me. I would get 1 free throw point doing free throws..no more gold or not. Dribble drills never got silver or gold it always glitches. The day before the upgrade I got offensive consistency every time fail or not...only 1 day, the whole drill is a glitch but whatever lol. I did max out reaction time on the Gatorade drill, but now you don't get anything...just very glitchy but now VERY rare. Ok, maybe they don't want everyone getting 99's but you need SOME reward for all the practice time. Now I just get my gar filled and leave...and may be my last toon too..
Old 12-19-2016, 05:33 PM   #8
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

I'm barely getting around to the +1 grind and it has been working so far for me... I get stamina, free throws, hustle, and reaction time usually. Sometimes I'll get the the hands or the offensive consistency.

Not sure what's up with your dude. None of my +1s are 99 yet and I'm on PS4

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 12-19-2016 at 07:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »