Home

Madden 17 Coach Mode Question

This is a discussion on Madden 17 Coach Mode Question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Madden 17 Coach Mode Question

I'm considering the purchase of an XBOX One and Madden 17. I am strictly a Coach Mode player. I was a strong participant in the NCAA Series on the 360.

My question: Is there a true Coach Mode option in Madden 17, where I would call the plays for my team and let the CPU run the plays?

Does the CM mode offer a Broadcast Camera?

Other comments about CM play - good or bad?

Thanks,

Art
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2016, 05:40 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 17 Coach Mode Question

YES, there is a COACH mode, Yes there is CPU vs. CPU, Yes there is complete and total editing for players in FRANCHISE mode. PLAY OF THE MOMENT is an awesome feature. BUT there are some serious issues with the game play. Hopefully they will be fixed. If the issues get fixed, it is probably the best Madden ever made to date. But as it stands now, For an offline FRANCHISE player, to many broken issues to enjoy IMO. I don't play online so I can not speak for that.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:56 PM   #3
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
I'm considering the purchase of an XBOX One and Madden 17. I am strictly a Coach Mode player. I was a strong participant in the NCAA Series on the 360.

My question: Is there a true Coach Mode option in Madden 17, where I would call the plays for my team and let the CPU run the plays?

Does the CM mode offer a Broadcast Camera?

Other comments about CM play - good or bad?

Thanks,

Art
There are some drawbacks Art such as your qb rarely if ever scrambles and on option plays your qb always keeps the football
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

What's up Art? You and I interacted at the old ncaastrategies site a few years ago. Coach mode is in, but it is the same as auto pass so you'll have to manually kick and punt. Gameplay isn't bad, you may enjoy it but the broadcast cam (which is in to answer your question) would be a problem when kicking....however, changing camera angles is done by tapping the D-pad so you wouldn't need to pause the game when kicking.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:17 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Thanks for all the comments. I have just acquired an XBOX ONE S and a copy of Madden 17. I have not had the time yet to set up anything. When setup is done, I'll spend some time exploring the features of Madden 17. I'll post questions if and as they arise.

Yes, it has been a been a while since I have played simulation football. I was very interested in the NCAA series because I prefer college football to pro ball. I am hopeful that Madden will re-kindle my interest -- we'll see.

I don't have any interest in online play and I don't have any interest in manipulating players any more than necessary.

Too bad that Madden does not have a true Coach Mode. Auto pass and other features will have to suffice.

More later............

Art
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »