Home

Game speed alters so much

This is a discussion on Game speed alters so much within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-14-2016, 04:48 PM   #1
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Game speed alters so much

For years I have been a big fan of a low game speed. I usually play at at 45-48 depending on what sliders I was playing with. After looking at other suggestions from this community I have raised it to 52 and as of late to 55. The reason why is this. The animations triggering effect is so delayed from when you hit a designated button to the time the action is completed. A few examples of this is in the passing, blocking and stealing game.

In the passing game , elite passers will look like themselves with a high game speed. Passes whip a little faster and the animations look more natural and responsive. When it comes to blocking , the delay is more noticeable on slow game speeds. At a speed of 52-55 players react without that delay leading to better blocks without warping . Even stealing looks more natural at higher speeds.

On a game speed of 55 the CPU plays much better because they get into thier offense and decision making much faster. The animations are better because little nuances can be triggered without delay instead of compensating for a low game speed. This results into more branching animations being fired off in a small amount of time because the high game speed now allows it.

So if your playing with a slider set you enjoy , try adjusting the speed to 55 and see what animations and game flow u r seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2016, 05:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Game speed alters so much

I still go with 48 because it keeps the sliding and crazy over dribbling and carrying the ball looking anaimations to a minimum.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:54 PM   #3
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

I hear ya. I feel that thier is no cure for those things at any speed. I think 2k needs to refine foot planting as they have never really nailed the movement of the real NBA.

That is why I like 55. If I can't get the right player movement at least I can get the best animations and game flow....
Old 12-14-2016, 07:13 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

I think 52 is the best so far from what i've tried. I think 55 speeds everything up too much.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:15 AM   #5
MVP

It seems like 45 is the best for non sliding players.. The sliding seems like the players are on ice.. I use to play on 52 but I realize that the game plays a lot better on 45 comparing to real life stats.. So I would say.. If you want better animations then 52 is good but for better stats 45 on 11 mins

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2016, 09:23 AM   #6
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceboonkoon
It seems like 45 is the best for non sliding players.. The sliding seems like the players are on ice.. I use to play on 52 but I realize that the game plays a lot better on 45 comparing to real life stats.. So I would say.. If you want better animations then 52 is good but for better stats 45 on 11 mins

false...i play on 51 with my sliders and get great stats....you just have to know what other sliders to adjust to compensate

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 12-15-2016, 09:28 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
false...i play on 51 with my sliders and get great stats....you just have to know what other sliders to adjust to compensate
Well, I forgot to add the game play level.. I've tried your sliders and it's was too easy for me on pro.. I usually play on HOF so my statement is referring to the players who play on HOF

Old 12-15-2016, 07:47 PM   #8
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Def seeing animations I have not seen on the higher game speed (55). Fast breaks are played out much better and warping is greatly reduced.

Lowering the acceleration to 50(user) and 45(CPU) and speed to 45 for both has helped combat the higher game speed .

The CPU gets into thier offense much better and play a lot smarter and with more fluidity. And on default all star I noticed that imaginary forcefield that creates bumping is practically gone.

I believe all of this is contributing to the fact that the higher game speed closes the gap between the CPU and user reactions. I believe out of the box on a default 50 game speed the CPU has an advantage of getting into thier animations faster, causing bumping(forcefield , lack of fast breaks and other animations.

I know it's a personal preference , but I'm really enjoying the game until they patch something else in

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »