Home

Share your expansions teams / experiences

This is a discussion on Share your expansions teams / experiences within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-11-2016, 05:24 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Share your expansion teams / experiences

I would love to see what everyone has come up with for custom expansion teams (whether you've uploaded them or not). Please share whatever you have and what kind of results you've had. Even if you used one of the pre-made expansion teams I would love to hear your opinion on how things are going, whether you were happy with your selection or not, how much success you've had, just in general what do you think about this mode?

I'm going to start a MyGM or MyLeague with 2 expansion teams around Christmas Day, and then I'd like to carry it forward adding a couple more teams every four or five seasons until I hit 36, so I'd love to have the "six best" teams I can get!

Last edited by ZekeRoberts; 12-13-2016 at 01:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2016, 08:13 PM   #2
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Share your expansions teams / experiences

It's always bugged me how the names on the backs of jerseys look so WRONG and DIFFERENT on the court, yet when you edit the jerseys, the names appear fine. But on the court, they're so squooshed and vertically-stretched.
This is for created teams, like you can download from the community.

I've been stuck with the pre-built teams because of this.

It's a shame, because building an expansion team is a ton of fun, being able to make a franchise that's truly YOURS, with no prior legacy to build upon, and/or no mess to clean up either (think the Brooklyn Nets for the latter).

But man, if only for that bug! I can't make the Seattle Supersonics because the names on the jerseys are so distorted!

I'd show comparison pics, but my phone is having trouble with the internet for some reason. Can someone else download a Sonics team and show the differences I'm talking about?
Old 12-11-2016, 08:27 PM   #3
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

Here is my Buffalo Stallions expansion team that I created. Cannot upload due to a prohibited word, Buffalo maybe? Here is a link to the dynasty report Welcome Back: Buffalo's Return to the Association

Last edited by bigjdotcom01; 12-11-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:52 PM   #4
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdotcom01

Here is my Buffalo Stallions expansion team that I created. Cannot upload due to a prohibited word, Buffalo maybe? Here is a link to the dynasty report Welcome Back: Buffalo's Return to the Association
That's awesome, I did a STL Spirits thing last year, this year I'm doing a St. Charles Explorers team.

- Rick Wise
Old 12-11-2016, 10:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Okay this is a dumb question but how do you upload your team? I created a expansion team and really like the jerseys I did and want to be able to use it again for when I want to start over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 03:16 PM   #6
Rookie

derrtyRedd's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moser7388
Okay this is a dumb question but how do you upload your team? I created a expansion team and really like the jerseys I did and want to be able to use it again for when I want to start over.
I did the Spirits as well, gotta go with the hometown.

these are some of my jerseys I use. I even made summer league jerseys lol.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2016, 04:11 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

I added 6 expansion teams to MyLeague. They were: Vancouver Ravens, San Diego Surf, Kansas City Knights, Virginia Storm, Nashville Stars, and the Baltimore Barons. I chose to be the Virginia Storm.

I started at the beginning of the off-season. I had the 4th pick in the draft and ended up drafting Ben Simmons. In the expansion draft, I got Josh Richardson, Donatas Montiejunas, and Tyson Chandler. Ended up getting Rajon Rondo and Eric Gordon in free agency.

I am going to play my first game tonight.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:54 AM   #8
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Share your expansion teams / experiences

I haven't noticed any major issues with the jersey names being stretched that you mentioned about Trackball. I have a Sonics set that I created using a bunch of different logos other people much more talented than myself added to the game, but I think the expansion I edited it too came out great. I don't have pics but my Xbox gt is Tiesel if anyone wants to check them out. Only the most recent sonics one is my up to date set. The older one is meant to be alternate jerseys for my same team, but I have a few details to add (patch logo, shorts waistline stripe). I also have Pitt Condors and Pitt Force teams loaded in there.

Again, I didn't create any of the logos, I just used them from various other people and mixed them together to come up with what I think is a pretty cool overall design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »