Home

MyTeam Blacktop fixes

This is a discussion on MyTeam Blacktop fixes within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-05-2016, 01:30 PM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
MyTeam Blacktop fixes

Can we please get more options in Blacktop? I know it won't happen this year, but this mode is missing so many necessary features. Defensive settings need added to the game.

There are no matchup options. I just played an entire game in which my gold Scalabrine was matched up against Steph Curry. My Derek Harper would have been much better suited to defend him but 2K decided that his defensive prowess was needed to contain the offensive juggernaut that is Avery Bradley.

There are no defensive pressure settings. Nothing changes when you quick adjust them. The CPU still sags off whether it's Curry or Deandre Jordan.

There are no quick plays. I can't spend time backing a player down from the 3 point line to the hoop. If one of my players can only score down low, why do you program his logic to go stand in the corner? And if I give him the ball and back him down, I get fouled, the clock (usually) goes to 14 seconds and I'm right back at the arc with even less time to get down low than before.

Boosted stats. This sort of ties in to the last problem. There seems to be a problem in which guys who can't hit the side of a barn from deep in real life knocking down 3s in Blacktop. Guys shouldn't be able to knock those shots down just because they're open. If Horace Grant has a 28 3ball, he shouldn't be hitting them. IMO this ruins what could be a fantastic dynamic. If you adjust all the above problems, it creates a fun counter attack element. Can you beat a team of guards with 3 big men? Can you win if you unluckily draw 3 non shooters?

Get rid of Technical Fouls. Seriously what were you guys thinking? Why would you punish somebody for winning? Then you can be rewarded for losing? I got Amethyst Amar'e, Ruby Jackson, & Sapphire USA Durant, Barnes and Green, all after losses. A win based system makes a lot more sense. I didn't even realize that sometimes you want to get a technical so a better player can be added to the deck. This is crazy. There should be a system in which you have to clear the board in a certain number of wins not just completely luck. No reason some guy should luckily get PD Isaiah after 200 wins, but another guy takes 1100 wins to get him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2016, 01:45 PM   #2
Pro

Re: MyTeam Blacktop fixes

Everyone please know the mode before you complain, techs help pull cards from deck to the board, on level 10 getting techs the best thing you can ever get if you hope to ever get Pd Zeke on the board.

Now I agree with everything else.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:53 PM   #3
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieAbuser
Everyone please know the mode before you complain, techs help pull cards from deck to the board, on level 10 getting techs the best thing you can ever get if you hope to ever get Pd Zeke on the board.

Now I agree with everything else.
I mentioned that in the post. I know how it works, but it's senseless. Some guys just get lucky and he's placed on the first board. Others (SpacewardBird2's latest YT video shows the guys record) have to play over 1,000 games to get him. That's crazy. At least you can subvert pack odds by hitting the AH. With this, it's completely luck and like I mentioned, you don't even have to win. the first player I seen with on him on YT got him after a loss. Why reward losses? Why make it so you can theoretically win forever and never get him? It's left completely up to chance. That's a broken system in my opinion.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
There are no matchup options. I just played an entire game in which my gold Scalabrine was matched up against Steph Curry. My Derek Harper would have been much better suited to defend him but 2K decided that his defensive prowess was needed to contain the offensive juggernaut that is Avery Bradley.
I agree that we need control over matchups. 2K wants to keep this as a quick, ****** mode and not have things slowed down by people changing settings and such.

But at least for Matchups, they could just have the same pre-game configuration screen that we have in MTO to set this. They could even make it set at the beginning with no further ability to modify and it would be a big improvement.

But, FYI, the reason why Derek Harper was on Avery Bradley was because the CPU orders the assignments by height, and Harper was your shortest player and Bradley was your opponent's shortest.

Which is a perfect illustration of why we need ability to override.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:02 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
I mentioned that in the post. I know how it works, but it's senseless. Some guys just get lucky and he's placed on the first board. Others (SpacewardBird2's latest YT video shows the guys record) have to play over 1,000 games to get him. That's crazy. At least you can subvert pack odds by hitting the AH. With this, it's completely luck and like I mentioned, you don't even have to win. the first player I seen with on him on YT got him after a loss. Why reward losses? Why make it so you can theoretically win forever and never get him? It's left completely up to chance. That's a broken system in my opinion.

Copy, yeah maybe I quick glance through the end of your post so that's my bad there but now yeah I super agree with you on that matter, the system sucks, I have almost 600 wins and never had him even go on my board and I completed level 10 5 times already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2016, 03:21 PM   #6
Rookie

In my opinion after every 50 wins you should get to choose say 1 of 4 players that are selected at random in your deck.

I want to still get to pick after loss though because some of us just can't get the hang of the mode and about 50% of my games result in loss. To get nothing will make me quit and never look at that mode again.

Otherwise agree with pretty much everything previously said.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:36 PM   #7
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman2069
In my opinion after every 50 wins you should get to choose say 1 of 4 players that are selected at random in your deck.

I want to still get to pick after loss though because some of us just can't get the hang of the mode and about 50% of my games result in loss. To get nothing will make me quit and never look at that mode again.

Otherwise agree with pretty much everything previously said.
I agree. I think the 50 wins idea is good but not wins just games played. Something like seasons it goes off your record. If you finish 50 games with 40 wins, you get the amethyst board. 30 wins ruby. and so on. Maybe if you quit you're automatically demoted to the next board.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:08 AM   #8
Rookie

Anybody else think there needs to be a penalty of some kind for people not playing their own defense?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »