Home

Team Parity in MyGM/MyLeague

This is a discussion on Team Parity in MyGM/MyLeague within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-03-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
Rookie

ViewsFromTheP's Arena

OVR: 0
Team Parity in MyGM/MyLeague

As someone who loves to play franchise modes in sports games, I always find it interesting which teams get good or bad and for what reasons. But in 2k17 I've noticed that a lot of teams sort of bunch up in the middle tier of the league. For example, I'm in year 2 of my Nuggets franchise, over 60 games into the season, and the playoff picture in both leagues has like half the league within a few games of each other. For example, a 3-game win streak will move you all the way up to the 4 seed, while a 3 game losing streak drops you all the way to 10th.

I guess what I'm asking is that if this is a problem for anyone else and if this is a result of bad simulation. It just seems unrealistic to have so many teams at or around .500. It's March of my current season and I'm just as likely to have a top 10 draft pick as I am to get a top 4 seed in my conference. I love the game and MyGM mode, I just would like to see more defined team roles instead of everyone ending up clustered together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2016, 06:12 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Team Parity in MyGM/MyLeague

been a bit of an issue for years. Rarely does a team win 60 and rarely does a team win less than 20. I think it has some to do with a lack of separation between star players and bench guys. I know overall isn't the whole story but when you have a star at 89 and a bench guy at 70, there simply isn't enough separation. Stars don't dominate enough in this game IMO so you end up with most of the league between 33 and 45 wins.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:32 AM   #3
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

A few years ago, the Rockets were the 3 seed in the West, but had they lost two more games, they would have been number 6 or 7.

It's like this happens in real life or something.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:23 AM   #4
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah it's been like this for a while. I think 2K16 was as good as it's ever been, but 2K17 definitely feels like teams are bunched up in the middle.

If you edit your roster to create more of a gap between teams, Im sure you can create more 17 win teams. But you run the risk of having non-competitive user games.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:15 AM   #5
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Of course, the ultimate parity is a fantasy draft.

"You want parity? Here's your damn parity."
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »