Home

What on Earth happened to defense?

This is a discussion on What on Earth happened to defense? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-02-2016, 12:47 PM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
What on Earth happened to defense?

Why does it feel like my defenders on Ice or 10 times slower than the offense? We're sliding all over the place. I try to go in intense defense, I'm too slow. If I try to just run, I can't turn back quick enough when the offense changes directions so I overshoot. I just played an entire game of zig zag that would make 2K15 blush. What happened? It wasn't like this last night. WTF?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2016, 12:56 PM   #2
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

Re: What on Earth happened to defense?

This is online right? Id say its simply lag. What you showed is exactly the reason why I cant play online, I have horrible lag since I play 2k. What you control gets executed later simply because the server doesnt answer faster.

If you dont have online problems in general I dont know tbh. Offline everything is fine.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo13clikke
This is online right? Id say its simply lag. What you showed is exactly the reason why I cant play online, I have horrible lag since I play 2k. What you control gets executed later simply because the server doesnt answer faster.

If you dont have online problems in general I dont know tbh. Offline everything is fine.
i thought i was the only one who noticed that. sometimes i would bring the ball up the court and somehow would turn the ball over even tho nobody touched it. im a firm believer that SOMETIMES i feel like i can be 1-2 seconds behind everybody else. maybe thats why i get the Shot Blocked notion on my screen even tho nobody touched the ball and it went up like a normal layup... its a mess
Old 12-02-2016, 04:01 PM   #4
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Yea played online once and it painfully laggy, drove me nuts lol, bless the lord I prefer offline franchise.

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 12-03-2016, 11:17 PM   #5
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
Why does it feel like my defenders on Ice or 10 times slower than the offense? We're sliding all over the place. I try to go in intense defense, I'm too slow. If I try to just run, I can't turn back quick enough when the offense changes directions so I overshoot. I just played an entire game of zig zag that would make 2K15 blush. What happened? It wasn't like this last night. WTF?

It's been bad but tolerable but to me after the latest patch , defense has no chance online for me anymore. This game is serious need of game speed tuning or defense slider adjustments cause like you said, you feel way much slower on D than O. I know they want us to play like Steph but I rather not be forced to just play one style but basically that's what is happening and it's extremely disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2016, 05:37 PM   #6
Rookie

I can't imagine what it is like playing this with a poor connection. It's awful and have a good connection. Just another mishap in a series of blunders by 2k. Keep up the good work 2k. String a couple more years like this and you'll be screwed.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:21 PM   #7
Banned

On ball defense and your CPU A.I. teammates got nerf this year as they constantly leave shooters open and forget their assignments. But "stick skills matters". LOL
Old 12-05-2016, 10:06 AM   #8
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

2K first allows HOF limitless, now CPU can't guard on pro-am or park worth a spit. LDD can't prevent ankle breakers from occurring even with HOF defensive stopper and Grand badge on. Every offensive archetype can dunk over rim protectors and LDD with no issue, completely disregarding defensive positioning.

2K needs to nerf offensive speed and RNG or boost defensive RNG to make up for the speed boosting and half court greens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »