Home

Perseverance : Tommy Jacobs' Career

This is a discussion on Perseverance : Tommy Jacobs' Career within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-28-2016, 10:41 AM   #1
Rookie

el_rousso's Arena

OVR: 0
Perseverance : Tommy Jacobs' Career

With my capture card coming in the mail shortly, I've decided it was time for me to start writing on a new report. Real life and other personal issues got the best of my previous coaching dynasty, but with the new hardware I thought, why not start anew.

As I own both NCAA '14 and Madden 25 for the PS3, this project will have the following objective : to bring the character of Tommy Jacobs, a fictional quarterback from the state of Minnesota, all the way through his college and hopefully NFL career. I will split that into separate "acts" as such :

- High school senior year (played via NCAA's RTG mode) ;
- College career, in which I will create Jacobs and assign him to the school he'll have chosen in RTG, and play as him in NCAA's Dynasty mode ;
- Pro career, I will simulate the seasons in Madden 25 until Jacobs gets drafted (or not), then play as him with the club he'll be playing for.

As I get limited playing time though, don't expect this story to go on quickly. One thing that I think went wrong on my earlier dynasty was that I was playing too many games too quickly, and ended up running short on stories. I was making up things on the go, but it would sometimes take many in-game weeks for a story to unfold, and I think it detracted from the overall feel. I intend to take more time between actual game updates this time, so things will be able to happen in between.

I want to first say thanks to guys like Deegeezy, Tearz49ers, Cheese2121 and djp73, among MANY others, whose work inspire others as myself to write these things. There will likely be ideas in the story that you might recognize from others, I've done quite a bit of a read before posting this, and noted many ideas that I would like to implement, so I hope people will not get too offended by me using some of their ideas. I'll look into making them work as personal as possible to Jacobs' character.

I intend to write about the games mainly, with some interviews here and there to go a bit inside Tommy's character. Tommy's own thoughts and realizations should primarily be through his (fictional) Twitter account, but feel free to ask anything about him, as I do have some bits of background info that help me drive his character. As for the moment, I don't plan on doing any narrative as Tommy himself, other than his occasional tweets. It is not set in stone however, and I may include that at a later time.

Cheers !

Disclaimer : The contents of this write-up is purely fictional, and any resemblance to actual events is pure coincidence. All graphics and material used in this write-up are used for entertainment purposes only.

Last edited by el_rousso; 11-03-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #2
Rookie

el_rousso's Arena

Re: Perseverance : Tommy Jacobs' Career

High School - RTG
- Play senior year in RTG Mode
- Heisman settings
- 5-minute quarters
- Sliders : BlackRain37's Definitive Coach Mode Sliders
- No gameplay restrictions (other than how RTG plays)
- Scholarship offers will define the schools available to start college career

College - Dynasty Mode
- Play college career in Dynasty Mode
- Heisman settings
- 9-minute quarters
- Sliders : Matt10's Community Sliders
- As long as Tommy is playing in the NCAA, I'll play Dynasty mode as OC (since Tommy's a QB)
- "Ask Coach" playcalling : I can only choose from one of the 3 plays that initially appear on the playcall screen (simulating the coordinator calling plays to Tommy), and I must always select a "Setup!" play when it appears as one of the three choices
- No restrictions on audible/hot routes/hurry-up calling (I'm not abusing the system though)
- Simulate the game on defense, and on offensive plays/games where Tommy doesn't play (for whatever reason)
- I'm not touching the recruiting process, leaving that to the CPU, UNLESS the CPU targets a recruit from Minnesota, then I'm allowed to boost the points to the maximum possible (to simulate how a player might help recruiting, and since Minnesota is Tommy's home state)

Misc college rules
- As the seasons play on, I'll realign the conferences as per Brendan's Conference Realignment Guide, up to the matching real-life season.
- I'm planning on implementing the College Football Playoffs as it has been in real-life, so for the end of the 2014-15 NCAA season.
- I will be using the game's BCS rankings as a substitute for the CFP rankings, to some extent. If there is consensus that a team should be in or out of the playoffs instead of another one, rankings will be altered consequently. Reader interactions may play a part in this process.
- Since the game doesn't allow a conference with less than 12 teams to play a conference championship, I'm planning to add two (or more) teams to the Big XII for the 2017 season, when a championship game returns to the Big XII. The teams added to the conference will be decided according to performance and geographical criteria.

Last edited by el_rousso; 12-04-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #3
Rookie

el_rousso's Arena

Recruiting process :
Spoiler

College career stats :
Spoiler

Player attributes :
Spoiler

Last edited by el_rousso; 12-07-2017 at 02:50 AM.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:43 AM   #4
Rookie

el_rousso's Arena

2013 NCAA Season :
Spoiler

2014 NCAA Season :
Spoiler

Last edited by el_rousso; 12-21-2017 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:43 AM   #5
Rookie

el_rousso's Arena

2013 NFL Season :
Spoiler

Last edited by el_rousso; 11-10-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 10:44 AM   #6
Rookie

el_rousso's Arena

It is now safe to post below this. I'll be updating the above posts in the meantime.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:58 AM   #7
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

following, should be fun. going to be starting a new player chise myself shortly
Old 11-29-2016, 11:51 AM   #8
Rookie

el_rousso's Arena

Blaine Bengals ready for the new season

Our Bengals are ready to take on their opponents for this season ! The team this year includes some new faces, mostly on defense, and are led by last season's standout quarterback Tommy Jacobs, who took over from Duke Anyanwu last year when the senior got injured in the second-to-last game of the regular season. He impressed enough to be given the starting position this year, so we can hopefully expect great things from him this season !

Here's the Bengals schedule for this year :

- Sept. 7, vs Totino-Grace High School
- Sept. 14, vs Minnetonka High School
- Sept. 21, @ East Ridge High School
- Sept. 28, @ Eden Prairie High School
- Oct. 5, vs Maple Grove High School
- Oct. 12, @ Rosemount High School
- Oct. 19, vs Mounds View High School
- Oct. 26, @ Lakeville North High School

See you next Friday for the opening game against the Totino-Grace Eagles !

Last edited by el_rousso; 12-02-2016 at 01:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »