Home

Ive had it. Something needs to be done.

This is a discussion on Ive had it. Something needs to be done. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-14-2016, 09:12 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Ive had it. Something needs to be done.

Absolutely ridiculous. If someone can explain this, I'll accept it.

I finally stepped it up and cleared Sapphire undefeated. I picked a playbook, learned plays for specific players in specific offensive sets. I upped my IQ..

What happens when you put a squad together to run specific plays for specific players/types?

First offensive possession....left on the dpad to pick my set. Pick set. Offense clearly in said set. Awesome.

WHY DID NONE OF THE PLAYS SHOW UP? Horns set. Swing plays.

Guess what? I lost. The argument can certainly be made that I could have adapted to the situation. BUT I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO ADAPT TO 2K ERRORS. WE ARE ALL SICK AND TIRED OF MAKING EXCUSES AND "ADAPTING".

This in turn, costs mt for contracts. A legitimate game, but a game set up to lose. First game of Ruby league (which I've already got rank 2 and am not terribly concerned about a random diamond shoe reward, but not the point).

I am absolutely dumbfounded. I was just thinking and noticing that I haven't had to fix my controller settings in a while, and maybe that got fixed.

**is this the "glitch" from last year where you had to have the playbook and matching coach to guarantee proper playbook in-game?

I'm sorry for the rant, but I am livid. Its like I spent the entire weekend studying a book.....FOR NOTHING.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2016, 09:54 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Ive had it. Something needs to be done.

It happens to me constantly. My playbook doesn't load in and instead I get a different one. I've tried everything: same coach, reapplying jerseys coaches playbook ball etc in franchise before every game. No matter what I do, this error happens to me from time to time. I am someone who learns playbook inside and out, I know exactly what every play does and rely heavily on my playbook. I probably call a play for 30 or 35 of say 50 possessions in a game. When my book doesn't load in it absolutely cripples my offense. I can still win without it but it is a lot more stressful.

It's bs to have to adapt to that. Now that I studied 3 different books front to back I have begun to translate and understand some of the terminology and wording common among all books. Now when it gives me a random book I have a fairly good idea what some of the plays will do without ever seeing them before. Also some of the books have a few of the same plays. So now it's luck of the draw. 2 games the other night my book didn't load. First game the random book they gave me was incredible, I found a few great plays to run right away. The 2nd game the book was awful. Most of the books have an Iso pinch play which I call frequently for grant Hill, Bernard king, and Demar DeRozan. So at least one of my go to plays is in just about every book it can give me. Point is, it's unacceptable. Our playbook should stick and it's disgusting that we continue to be discussing this problem year after year.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:22 PM   #3
Pro

Well, that's not very reassuring. Lmao.

This is ridiculous. Part of me wishes I was just a ****** that didn't pick up on all of these completely atrocious bugs.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Last year you could fix this by adding a playbook and a coach from the same team. Haven't tried it this year but it might fix it.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:51 PM   #5
MVP

No excuse for the wrong playbook problem year after year and how about letting us practice plays without using contracts? Freestyle is almost worthless when you can't work with a team.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »