Home

Tips to getting realistic scores with sliders

This is a discussion on Tips to getting realistic scores with sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-11-2016, 02:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Tips to getting realistic scores with sliders

For the sake of saving time, I like to play 6 minute quarters with normalized stats.

I've tried a couple of the highly touted simulation sliders (michigan,poke,armor & sword) but I keep running into a similar problem, the damn score is too high.

I always get a minimum of 60 PPG per team, leading to scores like 120-125 every time. I've tried lowering game speed, I intentionally walk up the court and run plays, but it seems like the computer gets a shot off in 10 seconds every time.

Has anybody found a good way of balancing this? I've tried adjusting game speed, but I have the issue even with game speed on 30.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2016, 04:54 AM   #2
Rookie

ddurrrr's Arena

Re: Tips to getting realistic scores with sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by echileon
For the sake of saving time, I like to play 6 minute quarters with normalized stats.

I've tried a couple of the highly touted simulation sliders (michigan,poke,armor & sword) but I keep running into a similar problem, the damn score is too high.

I always get a minimum of 60 PPG per team, leading to scores like 120-125 every time. I've tried lowering game speed, I intentionally walk up the court and run plays, but it seems like the computer gets a shot off in 10 seconds every time.

Has anybody found a good way of balancing this? I've tried adjusting game speed, but I have the issue even with game speed on 30.

I had success with SimWorld sliders with few tweaks. I'm on ps4 and use default rosters and play 12 min user timing. I just lowered shot success few clicks for user and cpu. I think lowering shooting tendencies help with the pace of the game.
Maybe it will work for 6 min quarters.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:26 AM   #3
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurrrr
I had success with SimWorld sliders with few tweaks. I'm on ps4 and use default rosters and play 12 min user timing. I just lowered shot success few clicks for user and cpu. I think lowering shooting tendencies help with the pace of the game.
Maybe it will work for 6 min quarters.
Also I play 12 minutes of Hof ....... you can share on 2kshare
Old 11-11-2016, 08:04 AM   #4
Rookie

ddurrrr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoli

No problem. I will upload to 2kshare in few days when I get back to my ps4. I'll post here when I upload.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by echileon

I use this sometimes and I would say to bump up the mins from 6 to 7. It helps a little bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2016, 07:20 AM   #6
Rookie

ddurrrr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoli
PSN: d-a_BAT
File name: SimWorld ddurrrr

Game speed 47
User timing
Defensive assist 0
Boxout assist 50
Pass target profile 75/75/75

All credit to SimWorld. I just lowered shot success for user to compensate for user timing. If it's difficult to defend on-ball put defensive assist to 50. If it's easy/hard to shoot adjust shot success accordingly.

Last edited by ddurrrr; 11-14-2016 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:52 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurrrr
PSN: d-a_BAT
File name: SimWorld ddurrrr

Game speed 47
User timing
Defensive assist 0
Boxout assist 50
Pass target profile 75/75/75

All credit to SimWorld. I just lowered shot success for user to compensate for user timing. If it's difficult to defend on-ball put defensive assist to 50. If it's easy/hard to shoot adjust shot success accordingly.

where can I find the SimWorld Sliders posted? I am on xb1 and would love to punch his sliders into 2k17 on xbox.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:20 AM   #8
Rookie

ddurrrr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrampton
where can I find the SimWorld Sliders posted? I am on xb1 and would love to punch his sliders into 2k17 on xbox.
This is the link for sliders
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...vlNlM/htmlview

They are on xbox one so you can download from 2k share. Check the Sim World thread in the roster section. Also download the Sim World roster when they finish it to get the full gameplay effect.

Last edited by ddurrrr; 11-17-2016 at 06:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »