Home

My Player Defense Glitch or low attribute issue?

This is a discussion on My Player Defense Glitch or low attribute issue? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-10-2016, 06:39 PM   #1
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon5 My Player Defense Glitch or low attribute issue?

Still trying to figure this one out.... For on ball defense does the defense category attribute increase effect movement speed? Or not relevant?

For the record I did not increase my defense and still only at 2 bars. My player feels like he's stuck in quicksand when I try to guard players at times. So trying to figure out if increasing the defense all the way will make him quicker with faster response or it's because I have a tall 6'10 SF and I have to live with it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2016, 06:44 PM   #2
Rookie

Conspiculous's Arena

Re: My Player Defense Glitch or low attribute issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4Life
Still trying to figure this one out.... For on ball defense does the defense category attribute increase effect movement speed? Or not relevant?

For the record I did not increase my defense and still only at 2 bars. My player feels like he's stuck in quicksand when I try to guard players at times. So trying to figure out if increasing the defense all the way will make him quicker with faster response or it's because I have a tall 6'10 SF and I have to live with it?
It's not just you. I have two players a 93 ovr point forward and a 6'6 Lockdown defender . On both players, I feel like my lateral quickness is as low as a turtle or a tank. Before and after the patch I had no issues, after the tuning update, I am stuck in quicksand. I shouldn't struggle to keep up laterally with a shot creator slowly zig zag cheesing. This needs fixed asap.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
6'8 SF 81 Overall Two-Way Slasher
Active Daily on 2K, I play 2s, 3s & Walk-on.
If you're active and would like to run Park or Walk-on Shoot me a PSN Message and we can get some games in.
PSN: Carrboys
Old 11-10-2016, 07:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiculous
It's not just you. I have two players a 93 ovr point forward and a 6'6 Lockdown defender . On both players, I feel like my lateral quickness is as low as a turtle or a tank. Before and after the patch I had no issues, after the tuning update, I am stuck in quicksand. I shouldn't struggle to keep up laterally with a shot creator slowly zig zag cheesing. This needs fixed asap.

Thank goodness I thought it was my connection
Old 11-10-2016, 07:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

It's most evident in My Park. In My Career it's not so bad. But I can't stand in front of someone face to face if my life depended on it. I have sharpshooters who dribble around me and by the time my player moves left they already finished dunking and back to their side of the court lol I mean its bad. But, I dont know I'm still going to max my defense see if that makes a difference.

Interestingly enough no issues running up and down or on offense. It's just on ball defense I feel like I have cement blocks for legs.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Conspiculous's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4Life
It's most evident in My Park. In My Career it's not so bad. But I can't stand in front of someone face to face if my life depended on it. I have sharpshooters who dribble around me and by the time my player moves left they already finished dunking and back to their side of the court lol I mean its bad. But, I dont know I'm still going to max my defense see if that makes a difference.

Interestingly enough no issues running up and down or on offense. It's just on ball defense I feel like I have cement blocks for legs.
Yes, definitely most notable in park. They shouldn't make us move like tanks laterally. A lockdown defender's role is to play "lockdown defense", I cannot do that when I move like I have 50 lateral quickness, when I actually have 86+.

6'8 SF 81 Overall Two-Way Slasher
Active Daily on 2K, I play 2s, 3s & Walk-on.
If you're active and would like to run Park or Walk-on Shoot me a PSN Message and we can get some games in.
PSN: Carrboys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2016, 08:49 PM   #6
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Our speed and acceleration should also play a role on defense. When we let go of the intense D trigger: we should be able to tap into our speed and acceleration attributes that would allow us to recover harder or attempt to cut off a spot.

I feel sluggish on a simple closeout without the intense d trigger in use. If I go on offense I can fly around off ball and with ball however. I should be faster without the ball than average to poor ball handlers.

Defense felt smooth and acceptable prior to the 1.05 tuning for me. I literally had an epiphany moment where I told my boys the game environment felt peaceful. The tuning has brought up on me this hellacious expense of fighting with the control inputs.

I'd love to just end the berating but 2k needs to get the point. They need to be aware it's not as simple as us just dealing with these shortcomings. The game needs to reach a peaceful state where it doesn't feel like we are skating on thin ice in critical areas of gameplay.

The vulnerabilities that we are volatile to in the game play desperately need to be addressed. I can be patient but I hope to hear that our voice is heard and understand. We are not raising our voice to be annoying: there are legitimate concerns here that are dreadfully lowering the quality of the gameplay.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2016, 12:18 AM   #7
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

Do you guys have max or high defense? I need to increase mine to come to conclusion. I mean Manute Bol can play better d then my player can at the moment. I actually have had this issue efore patch too. Maybe I'm being punished for having a 6'10 sf ?
Old 11-11-2016, 02:36 AM   #8
Rookie

You guys are 6"10 deal with it. Problem is a lot of people are purposely lowering their weight to become faster. You can counter by putting your strength up and bodying people to give them bad animations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »