Home

Does Park/Pro-Am Need to be Spun Off Into It's Own Game?

This is a discussion on Does Park/Pro-Am Need to be Spun Off Into It's Own Game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2016, 11:25 PM   #1
Banned

Raisnets's Arena

OVR: 0
Does Park/Pro-Am Need to be Spun Off Into It's Own Game?

I can't be the only one who feels this way right? All of the gameplay changes in this game since launch have been aimed at Park/Pro-Am. That may be fine for those guys but those of us who mostly play MyLeague, MyTeam, or PlayNow online have seen the quality and overall enjoyment of this game tank since it came out.

And patch 1.04 has basically turned this game that use to feel free and open into a congested slog where players feel extremely shackled. User inputs are being delayed or flat out ignored. Either find a way to keep these gameplay changes separate or spin Park/Pro-Am off into it's own game.

This constant tightrope act isn't going to work in the long run it never does. What are your guys thoughts? Am I losing my mind or are there serious issues with how they are handling this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2016, 06:29 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Does Park/Pro-Am Need to be Spun Off Into It's Own Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisnets
I can't be the only one who feels this way right? All of the gameplay changes in this game since launch have been aimed at Park/Pro-Am. That may be fine for those guys but those of us who mostly play MyLeague, MyTeam, or PlayNow online have seen the quality and overall enjoyment of this game tank since it came out.

And patch 1.04 has basically turned this game that use to feel free and open into a congested slog where players feel extremely shackled. User inputs are being delayed or flat out ignored. Either find a way to keep these gameplay changes separate or spin Park/Pro-Am off into it's own game.

This constant tightrope act isn't going to work in the long run it never does. What are your guys thoughts? Am I losing my mind or are there serious issues with how they are handling this.
agreed 100%

Sucks for guys like me who don't give a **** about the park/pro am and rather those resources go to fixing things like transition offense/defense, defensive logic, Online MyLeague etc. I could go on and on
Old 10-31-2016, 12:43 AM   #3
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

I'd love for it to, but there is 0 chance that happens.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:56 PM   #4
Rookie

Yes

Plain and simple
Old 10-31-2016, 01:09 PM   #5
Banned

Not sure a whole new game is necessary or even manageable (on 2k's end), but it definitely needs completely separating from career. The career archetypes this year are horrible, and I'm sure park guys hate grinding in career to earn badges for park. Trying to be all things to all men (and women), has left a game that is unsatisfactory to most.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2016, 01:28 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELPAGA
Yes

Plain and simple
Yep.

Make one game simulation style in ALL modes, and other can be arcade.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:29 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
Not sure a whole new game is necessary or even manageable (on 2k's end), but it definitely needs completely separating from career. The career archetypes this year are horrible, and I'm sure park guys hate grinding in career to earn badges for park. Trying to be all things to all men (and women), has left a game that is unsatisfactory to most.
That's the thing. If they don't make 2 separate games it will NEVER work going forward. You need a dedicated team for each style of game. You can't have Beluba (just an example) handling twice the work to essentially create 2 games under the hood simultaneously. So either way it seems to me that they'd have to make 2 teams, one for each "style" of game.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:16 PM   #8
Rookie

I been saying this since its iteration.

My Career / park / pro am and whatever else its tied to needs its own game. Plain and simple.

At the end of tge day i could care less about that mode all together just give me a solid 5 vs 5 basketball game again

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »