Home

Advice on starting and continuning "MyGM/Season" modes?

This is a discussion on Advice on starting and continuning "MyGM/Season" modes? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2016, 09:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Advice on starting and continuning "MyGM/Season" modes?

I always seem to start a season or MyGm mode but never finish. I usually quit or start over midseason. Any advice from experienced 2k Gamers out there? 2k is overwhelming with so much to do. (That's a good thing)

Do you guys sim every game? Play every other game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Advice on starting and continuning "MyGM/Season" modes?

I like to actually make it into the future. I control every aspect of my team from trades to injuries and rotation changes. But if I was to play every game while doing this I would burn myself out.

What im doing this year with my Sixers is just playing division games, and the occasion matchup against elite teams like the Warriors or Cavs to see if I can steal a win off of them. This way I can focus more on develop my players and all the other micromanagement aspects and still get several years in.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 10-27-2016, 11:35 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

I do MyLeague, and I like creating "narratives".

As an example, in my MyLeague I lowered Chris Paul's loyalty since he has won and that chip with Los Angeles, and I raise his "Play for Winner" to 99 so that he goes to a great team.

Little things like that can have huge effects a season or two down the line.

Oh, and I lowered Jordan Clarkson's loyalty slider. He's been putting up crazy numbers playing on the bench, and I like the idea that he's going to want to leave and get a chance to be the star player. So, now do I trade him in his final year knowing he's likely to leave in free agency or do I hope to land him in free agency knowing I don't want to have multiple max players on my team with so many players freeing up.

Jesus, I need to play MyLeague at this moment. The urge is there...

Last edited by de_jesus; 10-28-2016 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:26 AM   #4
Rookie

VinceJulien14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
I like to actually make it into the future. I control every aspect of my team from trades to injuries and rotation changes. But if I was to play every game while doing this I would burn myself out.

What im doing this year with my Sixers is just playing division games, and the occasion matchup against elite teams like the Warriors or Cavs to see if I can steal a win off of them. This way I can focus more on develop my players and all the other micromanagement aspects and still get several years in.

How do you earn VC? As far as I know you only get it from playing the games in GMMode. I wanna eventually buy the team but that'll take forever if I don't play all the games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2016, 03:15 PM   #5
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceJulien14
How do you earn VC? As far as I know you only get it from playing the games in GMMode. I wanna eventually buy the team but that'll take forever if I don't play all the games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playing the games in MyGM always will net you the most VC. But reaching Owner goals throughout the season should earn you VC too, but not enough to raise your eyebrows. It'll take a long while though.

Personally I prefer MyLeague to MyGM for the control aspect, and the only real way to earn VC in MyLeague is to play the games.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2016, 03:24 PM   #6
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I play MyGM for the bootleg RPG aspects like making the players happy and the skills you earn for facilities, pep talks and such.

Basically what I do to get through a season is I'll play the majority of games up till the all star break. (Majority meaning against quality teams. Teams way under .500 I'll skip) After the all star break, I'll sim week by week up till the playoffs.

This usually gets me through a season nice and quick. I'm 2 weeks away from the ASG now.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:29 PM   #7
Just started!

Hi,
I am trying to figure out how to start expansion team in between the 2017 and 2018 season (in the next off season). Anyone can help.

I was trying to do it this morning, but could not figure out how to? I only attempted for like a half hour, my daughter was fussy but I want to make sure I am good to go for my Friday night.

Any help would be appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »