Home

Archetypes in 2k18 for MyPark/MyCAREER or no?

This is a discussion on Archetypes in 2k18 for MyPark/MyCAREER or no? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2016, 04:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Archetypes in 2k18 for MyPark/MyCAREER or no?

Archetypes is a cool thing they added, but I feel that it should just go back to the way it used to be 2k14 and back.

What do you guys think?

I miss being the player I want to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 08:46 PM   #2
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Re: Archetypes in 2k18 for MyPark/MyCAREER or no?

I kinda like archetypes (I play mostly online). I never liked seeing 7'3 dudes being able to dribble and shoot like Curry.

It needs more support/info, so people can get better at it. They should do things like add icons to your teammates, so you can make sure everyone plays their role.

What they should do is separate online from offline. Or just remove the caps for offline play.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I kinda like archetypes (I play mostly online). I never liked seeing 7'3 dudes being able to dribble and shoot like Curry.

It needs more support/info, so people can get better at it. They should do things like add icons to your teammates, so you can make sure everyone plays their role.

What they should do is separate online from offline. Or just remove the caps for offline play.
I understand. But I'm sure there's a workaround. But like someone said in another thread, switching 4,5 different MyPlayers to do something that you can't do with another is annoying. I miss just having my one 6'5 SG I can go to and just ball out.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:34 PM   #4
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

It was hellaxious going against those 7ft players in 15

I like the archetypes. I'm actually in favor of 2k11 and an even deeper archetype system like 2k16 which would change as you upgrade your player. Instead of waiting for the upgrades just give us those different layers outright.

I could choose Balanced Player in 2k16 but if I raised Defense first he would be known as a Defender if that bucket had greater emphasis than defense. You could also have a Shooter, Sharpshooter, and Skilled Sharpshooter. You could have Pass First Point, Shoot First Point, Offensive Minded Point.

I'm in favor of more layers on the archetypes but before we get that far it's impotent the archetypes be rated apparipiately. The balance is needed there first between each build and realistically for parity.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 10-28-2016 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:54 PM   #5
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveretteWarren
. I miss just having my one 6'5 SG I can go to and just ball out.
I like it for online play. Maybe you should try a Point Forward? It's more fun when you play the right Archetype for you.

I made a 6'6 SF Point Forward and I can do everything I want in the park. I do kinda suck at rebounds/blocks, but I can shoot from anywhere. I can dunk like crazy, I can throw lobs and pass, I can break ankles, and I can boost myself +5 in everything if I want to.

My defense sucks, but I am actually taking the time to learn how to play defense this year and it has been paying off. I'm also finally putting time into figuring out the stupid Shot Stick and that has improved my shooting.

I don't think they should remove them from online play, but they should let you max your dude out to 99 in Offline MyCareer, so you can do everything you want (or even better - separate the two modes).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 09:58 PM   #6
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Hate the caps this year. Unless they can do a lot better with the caps, I say go back to how it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 10-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
It was hellaxious going against those 7ft players in 17

I like the archetypes. I'm actually in favor of 2k11 and an even deeper archetype system like 2k16 which would change as you upgrade your player. Instead of waiting for the upgrades just give us those different layers outright.

I could choose Balanced Player in 2k16 but if I raised Defense first he would be known as a Defender if that bucket had greater emphasis than defense. You could also have a Shooter, Sharpshooter, and Skilled Sharpshooter. You could have Pass First Point, Shoot First Point, Offensive Minded Point.

I'm in favor of more layers on the archetypes but before we get that far it's impotent the archetypes be rated apparipiately. The balance is needed there first between each build and realistically for parity.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
I'm more in favor of the 2k11 system too.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Hate the caps this year. Unless they can do a lot better with the caps, I say go back to how it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm leaning towards the way 2k11 was, but I'm doubting it a little.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »