Home

My Park Trash Talking Is Out Of Control !

This is a discussion on My Park Trash Talking Is Out Of Control ! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-24-2016, 02:11 PM   #1
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Post My Park Trash Talking Is Out Of Control !

I been playing My Park since 2k10 so I am used to trash talking and kids/adults talking a bit smack in games here and there. Maybe I didn't notice it as much last year in 2K16 but this year is just awful. Either these kids think it's kool to throw the F and N words out after every made shot or it makes them feel good?

For the record I'm 38 years old and did my fair share of trash talking in real games and online. But, not to this vulgar and absurd level. Something has to start happening in my opinion because it's simply getting out of hand.

Last weekend I literally shut my Bluetooth off and muted my TV because the opposing team was F bombing everyone and their mother left and right after each play. It's obvious majority are immature and childish punks by the sound of their voices. But, these idiots need to start paying the price for talking like this.

I mean this is not just one game or two games it's becoming more and more consistent in My Park. Heck even my wife was wondering who uses that kind of language in a video game?

Maybe this happens in other sports games and I dont know. I only play NBA2K so who knows maybe this is the case for every sports game? I love competition and dont mind trash talk but there has to be a level and some sort of filter.

Anyways let me know what's your take on this and how this mode can be cleaned up. The way things are right now I would never let my son play this game ever going forward when he gets older.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 02:14 PM   #2
Pro

SkillzFromThe6's Arena

Re: My Park Trash Talking Is Out Of Control !

Better things to worry about than that, my friend.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillazKill
True I can name many on my list but this is getting out of hand. If some sort of report action was set in place I bet that would cut down half if not more of this disgusting language.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:21 PM   #4
Pro

I always find stuff like this hilarious.

1) This is the case for every game that is played online

2) OP admits he used to talk trash online (and in real life) but now wants other people to get in trouble for it because he doesn't like it

I actually can't stop laughing at this. When his kid gets old enough I'm sure his kid is going to do the exact same things. And if he plans to shield his kid from 2K then his kid will literally never be able to play ANY game online.

But, to that end, I don't play online because I have been called everything under the sun and don't personally enjoy it. I played games competitively for a few years and recieved everything from hate mail to literal death threats. I bowed out of it and realized it was just the way people are when there is a platform for anonymity.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:22 PM   #5
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillazKill
I don't really know if there is anything that can be done about it but it's definitely something to be concerned with IMO.

Watch any YouTube or Twitch stream and it's just some dude sitting in their chair yelling and dropping N bombs and profanity every other word, it's toxic and unnecessary, but I guess that is more a societal trend than a 2K issue.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 02:32 PM   #6
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

honestly as someone who has always had a mouth, and comes off as arrogant when i do start letting **** fly, i have no problem with the people (moreso kids) trying to act big . yes its annoying but when you are on the net, its anything goes, since these people feel they have the security of being unknown to save them.

You can either mute everyone, open up a party and stay in there alone or talk trash with them. my new approach is to not be aggressive, but to agree with the BS they are saying. (unless im really pissed off , which happens in Myteam more than mypark) when you agree with them and sarcastically troll with them, they will stop and leave you alone, since you arent getting triggered.

i gotten so many trash talkers heated by that simple approach to the point where it throws them off their game. i think it may have been sherman from the seahawks who confirmed this works. he said he been trying to get this one guy off his game, and he just kept being so nice to him and sherman was like WTF do i have to do to get in your head lmaoo.

As for the last part about never letting your son play. i promise you your son will know about cursing and sex by age 6. my mother is a 2nd grade teacher and said her students are already doing this like crazy. you cant shield your kids forever
Old 10-24-2016, 02:33 PM   #7
Rookie

I understand what this guy is saying especially for younger kids who just don't have respect for ppl older than them I tell em quick homeboy cut all that cursing out don't mind trash talk but all this vulgar talk from a youth I ain't having it
Old 10-24-2016, 02:34 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4Life
I been playing My Park since 2k10 so I am used to trash talking and kids/adults talking a bit smack in games here and there. Maybe I didn't notice it as much last year in 2K16 but this year is just awful. Either these kids think it's kool to throw the F and N words out after every made shot or it makes them feel good?

For the record I'm 38 years old and did my fair share of trash talking in real games and online. But, not to this vulgar and absurd level. Something has to start happening in my opinion because it's simply getting out of hand.

Last weekend I literally shut my Bluetooth off and muted my TV because the opposing team was F bombing everyone and their mother left and right after each play. It's obvious majority are immature and childish punks by the sound of their voices. But, these idiots need to start paying the price for talking like this.

I mean this is not just one game or two games it's becoming more and more consistent in My Park. Heck even my wife was wondering who uses that kind of language in a video game?

Maybe this happens in other sports games and I dont know. I only play NBA2K so who knows maybe this is the case for every sports game? I love competition and dont mind trash talk but there has to be a level and some sort of filter.

Anyways let me know what's your take on this and how this mode can be cleaned up. The way things are right now I would never let my son play this game ever going forward when he gets older.
i found it best mute them all. But it is crazy , but most of them probley can do a dam thing in real life. I have had kinds send me messages talking **** . I am 36 and when it gets out of hand i tell them to google me . Never hear from them again.

There is a old NBA Action video game that reminds me of all these kids/ adult trolls.
Enjoy...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »