Home

Auto Subs for RBBC?

This is a discussion on Auto Subs for RBBC? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-21-2016, 11:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Auto Subs for RBBC?

My stud RB went down for the season, so I'm trying to emulate an running back committee to seem realistic. I'm having a hard time adjusting the Auto Sub sliders for RB for this to actually work. My RB1 wants to always stay out there until he's in the red with stamina.

Do these sliders work? Can someone explain what they do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 04:12 PM   #2
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Auto Subs for RBBC?

I have seen them work, what I have noticed is that you have to set them pretty high for it to switch out the starter at a realistic frequency.

The auto settings I use for a 2 back system is 85 out and 84 in (make sure you are also hitting accepting the change (options on ps4 and start on XBOne) and not backing out (circle on ps4 and B on XBOne). To have a by committee where it is even more frequent I would set it somewhere in the 92 in 91 out. If that is to frequent you can drop it in the 80's.

Also a good way to remedy this as well is if you are calling it own plays, to instead set it up subs so that in certain formations are using certain backs (like is you have a speed guy and a power guy use the speed guy in gun and singleback and use the power back in power formations like I-formation, strong, weak, etc.).

Edit:
As for what the sliders do it basis it off of stamina. So something like 80 in would mean that when your running back gets to 80 stamina, the back up will be substituted in. The out is when your back is substituted out so setting it at 79 would mean that once his stamina gets to 79 he will be substituted out. At least that is how I understand it. I believe the reason for this being that the sub in at 80 and the sub out at 79 makes sure that no one under 80 gets subbed in and and that your starter gets subbed out at 79 no matter what.

Last edited by Ampking101; 10-21-2016 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Explanation of the sliders
Old 10-21-2016, 04:37 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

I suggest staying away from the slider path and edit the Stamina rating for your players or teams where split backs are used.

Start at 80 and work your way down to achieve what fits your play style.

Tinkering with the slider will lead to problems and frustration and not enjoying the game.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:56 PM   #4
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2

Formation subs would be the easiest solution.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »