Home

Be A Pro Simming Penalty?

This is a discussion on Be A Pro Simming Penalty? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-18-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
Rookie

Mongo14's Arena

OVR: 2
Be A Pro Simming Penalty?

I am doing a season in the OHL (17 year old) and I am trying to be the #1 pick. I turned off Be a Pro simming penalty because it says it doesn't penalize my line progression and if I can maybe sim a few games to get me to the NHL faster AND have the sim play of my Pro not hurt my draft stock that be great.

So I lead the league in goals and points, pretty sure I have at least 3 points in the last few games (give or take a pointless game I simmed) come off a game where I score 2 goals and get 2 assists in the 1st period then sim to the end. I get sent down a line. (4 game win streak mind you)

I take that as I am being penalized for simming, my draft stock is going down because I am obviously not seen as worthy enough to be on the top line.

What is Be A Pro Simming Penalty then? Is Line Progression different than what I thought it was? Anyone else feel as if this option means nothing?

Or is going down to the 2nd line not that big of a deal?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 12:53 PM   #2
Rookie

Mongo14's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Be A Pro Simming Penalty?

Also, I've played 8 games and it says I'm still only on my 5th game of the evaluation period (it's been like this for 3 straight games is this a bug?)
Old 10-18-2016, 08:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo14
Also, I've played 8 games and it says I'm still only on my 5th game of the evaluation period (it's been like this for 3 straight games is this a bug?)
Pretty much the same thing here. After 12 games in the starting lineup as a center I led the league (OHL) in goals scored and in total points. I've simulated 2-3 games. All of a sudden the coach is not happy the way I play and get sent to the second line. Now my evaluation period has restarted.
Will have to wait and see if I get sent back to the first line
Old 10-19-2016, 10:55 AM   #4
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo14
I am doing a season in the OHL (17 year old) and I am trying to be the #1 pick. I turned off Be a Pro simming penalty because it says it doesn't penalize my line progression and if I can maybe sim a few games to get me to the NHL faster AND have the sim play of my Pro not hurt my draft stock that be great.

So I lead the league in goals and points, pretty sure I have at least 3 points in the last few games (give or take a pointless game I simmed) come off a game where I score 2 goals and get 2 assists in the 1st period then sim to the end. I get sent down a line. (4 game win streak mind you)

I take that as I am being penalized for simming, my draft stock is going down because I am obviously not seen as worthy enough to be on the top line.

What is Be A Pro Simming Penalty then? Is Line Progression different than what I thought it was? Anyone else feel as if this option means nothing?

Or is going down to the 2nd line not that big of a deal?
Hi guys! I too have noticed this in BEAPRO. This looks like a change from previous years games. I took it like you have to play your player. Let me just say that if your scoring 2g 2a in 1 period you definitely not playing on the right skill level wit the right sliders.

If you want to have the best BEAPRO experience then i suggest using OBG's sliders(i have adjusted). I played on PRO the 1st 10 games to get a feel for the speed. You have to be quick in your decisions almost being a step ahead of the AI. I have moved up to ALL-STAR and thru 5 games I have 1G, 1A, and had to EARN both of them. IMO they made it so you have to be a better all-around player, which again IMO ADDS to the experience. My player is in his 3rd year and I just made the NHL because i wasnt good enough defensively even though Im a SNIPER. At least thats how Im looking at it.

If you need help let me know and i will post my sliders.

Dont Fret NHL 17 is the BEST NHL game so far!!
Old 10-19-2016, 03:23 PM   #5
Rookie

hock0413's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
Hi guys! I too have noticed this in BEAPRO. This looks like a change from previous years games. I took it like you have to play your player. Let me just say that if your scoring 2g 2a in 1 period you definitely not playing on the right skill level wit the right sliders.

If you want to have the best BEAPRO experience then i suggest using OBG's sliders(i have adjusted). I played on PRO the 1st 10 games to get a feel for the speed. You have to be quick in your decisions almost being a step ahead of the AI. I have moved up to ALL-STAR and thru 5 games I have 1G, 1A, and had to EARN both of them. IMO they made it so you have to be a better all-around player, which again IMO ADDS to the experience. My player is in his 3rd year and I just made the NHL because i wasnt good enough defensively even though Im a SNIPER. At least thats how Im looking at it.

If you need help let me know and i will post my sliders.

Dont Fret NHL 17 is the BEST NHL game so far!!

I don't want to hijack this thread, but what are the changes you made obg's sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »