Home

Anyone knows how the football system works in Columbia?

This is a discussion on Anyone knows how the football system works in Columbia? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2016, 05:27 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Anyone knows how the football system works in Columbia?

In a Categorķa Primera A season, there are like two rounds, one is first half, one is second half, and the final winner is determined by the top 8 teams making the playoff, so I don't understand the point wining the first half if the points are added with the second half points, and also how the teams will qualify for the fake Copa Libertadores? Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 11:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone knows how the football system works in Columbia?

I've never played in Columbia (though I might for something new) but I just looked on Wikipedia and it didn't say anything about halves. Jist said each club plays the others once and Top 8 make the playoffs.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:03 PM   #3
Banned

the league in colombia is played twice a year.

for each time, it is a single-leg round robin, with the 8 best teams playing double-leg quarter finals. the winner of the playoffs is the champion. then this all repeats all over again in the second half of the year.

the winners of each championship play against each other in an yearly supercup, but both are official national champions, and both are qualified for libertadores group stage.

there's a third team that enters libertadores qualifying stage, it's the team that makes more overall points in the year, counting the round robin points of both championships (or the second place, if the best team was also one of the playoff champions). but i don't know if fifa career applies this final rule, because the real libertadores had 38 teams until 2016 and fifa's generic one only has 16. it might be a good idea to simulate a season and see who are the colombian teams into the latinamerica cup next year so you can be sure.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:12 PM   #4
Rookie

You the real MVP
Old 10-19-2016, 05:38 PM   #5
Rookie

Aviator87AC's Arena

Or it's just messed up. I remember in FIFA 13 when I played a Norwegian CM as Tromso, we were only allowed 5 total subs for cup play. I played all the cup matches with reduced subs thinking it was some odd country rule and I don't think EA ever ended up fixing the bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 11:12 PM   #6
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Colombia is a good league to mess around with. I've had really long and fun career modes by putting the MLS teams in the Colombian league and then making the Chilean league a mix of the best clubs from Colombia and Chile.

There is 2 seasons a year. So 2 19 game seasons where you play each team once.

If you finish first in the Apetura or clasura, you qualify for the South American champions league. Thats why if you want to play with a MLS team and be able to qualify for a continental cup it can be what you are looking for. I think 3 teams from Colombia qualify, so the runner up of the Apertura or Clausura i forgot also qualifies. Or if there is a playoff, I forget, the winner of the tournament gets a spot in the Copa.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:30 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
Colombia is a good league to mess around with. I've had really long and fun career modes by putting the MLS teams in the Colombian league and then making the Chilean league a mix of the best clubs from Colombia and Chile.

There is 2 seasons a year. So 2 19 game seasons where you play each team once.

If you finish first in the Apetura or clasura, you qualify for the South American champions league. Thats why if you want to play with a MLS team and be able to qualify for a continental cup it can be what you are looking for. I think 3 teams from Colombia qualify, so the runner up of the Apertura or Clausura i forgot also qualifies. Or if there is a playoff, I forget, the winner of the tournament gets a spot in the Copa.
thanks bro but what's the point of winning both Apetura and Clasura, if I won the first season, then I don't need to win the second season, and also, the third team is what I don't get, like how to be the third place if there are two seperated seasons?
Old 10-20-2016, 10:51 AM   #8
Banned

it's like i said, the "third place" is the non-champion club that scored more overall points in the year: apertura points + clausura points.

and the point of winning both is being 2-times national champion in just one year. the second title is worthless as far as continental cup qualifying goes, but it's worth a lot for national pride.

this is the same as saying winning the fa cup final is worth nothing, because you're qualified to the champions league already. hmmmm it's not... the whole point of this game is winning titles, isn't it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »