Home

When up****** 2K has to be CLEAR & PRECISE IF ITS OFFLINE or ONLINE FIXES...

This is a discussion on When up****** 2K has to be CLEAR & PRECISE IF ITS OFFLINE or ONLINE FIXES... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-13-2016, 07:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

..because this is a big deal.

HUGE.

Devs of 2K, believe it or not, there 2 kinds of 2k players:

1. OFFLINE GUYS ("Old School") - Guys who wanna have realistic, immersive & authentic NBA simulated experience just like watching actual NBA games. Guys who play with real life friends / family at home. Guys who dont care about VC, like, at all. Guys who wanna customize & edit rosters, teams, etc. fully without annoyances & constraints just like previous gens. Guys who care more if the NBA2K game has depth into it like core gameplay & customization.

2. ONLINE GUYS ("Dudebros") - These guys mostly care about stats on the online leaderboard & have cash for VC. They generally dont care about actual gameplay & depth, they just wanna improve their online notoriety. Bragging right guys, if you will.

So, since I started as PS1 guy & NBA fan since KG T-Wolf era, I fall on the 1st category. I KNOW IF GAME, NOT JUST 2K GAMES, IS WORTH IT OR NOT. For sure guys like me would agree in this, because we're experience for literal 4 gens of gaming now & we see it coming a mile away without internet reviews help (before EGM reviews).

What ticks me off with the latest update 1.04 on PS4 is it feels it caters towards more online guys. Since this update, as I play CPU, they DO NOT MISS AND-1s & close shots. At all. Try it, youll see.

And personally since day 1 I never had issues with layups & whatever because I TURN ALL HUD OFF, including shot meter, NEVER NEEDED IT, NEVER WILL.

It is infuriating that 2K breaks the offline systems of the game to favor online guys.

Why cant 2K do COMPLETELY SEPARATE UPDATES for both offline & online guys? How is this acceptable? The only positive thing 1.04 brought was stats in loading screen & David Aldridge, which is mind you, ON-DISC ALREADY. But we all gotta download ANOTHER 7 GB of patch because online guys cant sort themselves out.

First it was the Dream Team issue, then the NEW JERSEYS & SHOES DOES NOT UPDATE YOUR CUSTOM ROSTER prior to 1.03 (which came 3 weeks since tipoff so obviously some of us already edited our rosters) because it is not coded in the game itself but thru patches, then you still see the NAMELESS GENERIC COACH every timeout huddle & now they are literally splitting the NBA2K community.

Just SMH, man.

*~*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 07:12 PM   #2
Banned

Re: When up****** 2K has to be CLEAR & PRECISE IF ITS OFFLINE or ONLINE FIXES...

In before the arguments
Old 10-14-2016, 05:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: When up****** 2K has to be CLEAR & PRECISE IF ITS OFFLINE or ONLINE FIXES...

So when does 1.05 drops?
Old 10-14-2016, 06:04 PM   #4
Rookie

KoolAidNoSugar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGAHEART

2. ONLINE GUYS ("Dudebros") - These guys mostly care about stats on the online leaderboard & have cash for VC. They generally dont care about actual gameplay & depth, they just wanna improve their online notoriety. Bragging right guys, if you will.

Maybe before you decide to disrespect a whole group you should do your research. We all care about the gameplay. Post like this just make you seem ignorant.
Go read these threads and see what people are saying before complaining like 2k isn't trying to find a balance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2016, 06:31 PM   #5
Rookie

The amount of whining in this forum is unreal. Go play NBA live 2006
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 06:50 PM   #6
Banned

Or people online like to play competitive basketball against a human being. What an arrogant post with a beaten to death topic.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:06 PM   #7
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangchung91
The amount of whining in this forum is unreal. Go play NBA live 2006

The amount of whining about people who 'whine' is even more staggering. Unsurprisingly they are always followed with a 'go play something that's 10 years old' or 'patches were never a thing in my day' as it's indicative to the mindset of the derp behind the comment. Guess what, pal - it's almost 2017 and times have changed.

I'm playing 2K16 as it's more relative to the current title and it's just a better playing game right now. If I had Live 2006, I'd plug it in, but it still wouldn't be relevant to the discussion.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopfor206
Or people online like to play competitive basketball against a human being. What an arrogant post with a beaten to death topic.

They are "competitve" because of a GLORIFIED ONLINE RANKINGS, definitely & absolutely NOT for the realism, authenticity & immersive simulation of NBA basketball.

And nobody had brought this specific, possible solution UNTIL I did.

Nice try defending whats wrong in the game thats why we are at FOURTH PATCH now & 60GB total gamesize & its gotten into even more chaotic mess like we paid $60 for broken beta.

Last edited by GiGAHEART; 10-17-2016 at 12:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »