Home

2 things that go awry in year 2 of MyGM

This is a discussion on 2 things that go awry in year 2 of MyGM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-13-2016, 12:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2 things that go awry in year 2 of MyGM

Playing on PS4

2nd year of MyGM

1st: Promise a player to heighten intensity in practice. Raise intensity from medium to high. Player complains 2 weeks later about not keeping promises and morale plummets. Rinse and repeat this a few weeks later with a player asking for less intense practices.

Doing these exact same changes did not result in broken promises in year #1

2nd: Getting your scout to look for a first round prospect. All 4 times they have scouted a "first round player" they have been listed between 70-80 on the draft board (an undrafted player). In year one they would always come back to me with a player listed from 20-30.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #2
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 2 things that go awry in year 2 of MyGM

I posted this in he myGM thread but haven't received an answer so thought I'd post it here. It looks like this thread has already answered one of my concerns (#3) but here is my original post...

Any improvements in myGM from last year? I enjoy the RPG element of myGM mode but am hoping they improved a few things such as...

-Trade logic, especially during the NBA draft. The computer would offer trades that made no sense such as trading a player they just drafted for a lower pick in the draft.

-Free agency signings and contracts. I know with the salary cap rising it was difficult to get realistic numbers on contracts last year but have they improved it in this years version? Also crazy signings like LeBron going to Utah.

-Problems with players complaining. For the past few years I have always had difficulty managing players morale. Some players want higher intensity and some lower. Bench players want to be starters, etc. any improvements in this department? I like the difficulty managing players to a certain extent but some of it is a little ridiculous.

Thanks for any input. I am debating whether it is worth it to purchase 2k17 for this mode alone or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2016, 02:22 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

I really enjoy the RPG elements of MyGM too, but having these weird things occur the deeper you get into your franchise is concerning.

I know many people talk about how MyLeague is far better because you can control the game if it tries to go off the rails, but when you enjoy the narratives of MyGM and RPG stuff it's pretty annoying to see this happen.

Is the 2k team aware of these issues? Is it better to play MyLeague instead of MyGM?
Old 10-16-2016, 06:04 PM   #4
Rookie

Mr.Ace's Arena

OVR: 2

I play exclusively MyGM but I have only just settled into a team a want to keep for a whole season.. I will sim one of my older seasons to see how it acts deeper in

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »