Home

Does keeping everything about 2k a secret create possible unfair advantage 4 Pro-Am?

This is a discussion on Does keeping everything about 2k a secret create possible unfair advantage 4 Pro-Am? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2016, 08:53 PM   #1
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Does keeping everything about 2k a secret create possible unfair advantage 4 Pro-Am?

I'm not saying this is even happening, but it would be a definite side effect of providing almost no information on how to play the game or even level up your character.

While all of us are still learning how the game works, maybe people that are friends with the Dev Team already know?

I remember hearing that teams like The Drewkerbockers got to meet with Devs and get special lessons on how the game works during the 2k16 tournament.

If these dudes have access to the Devs (and most likely ask them questions) - does it create an unfair advantage for those "in the know"?

Factor in that there is a Cash prize and an attempt to become a legit e-Sport - all the more reason to make this info public, in my opinion.

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 10-06-2016 at 08:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 08:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Does keeping everything about 2k a secret create possible unfair advantage 4 Pro-

Yes, it's stupid that they're trying to be an E-sport but have zero transparency on how to get badges, or increase certain ratings.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:58 PM   #3
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Re: Does keeping everything about 2k a secret create possible unfair advantage 4 Pro-

It's a bit shady for sure.

Nobody will make any noise about it though.

There are plently of E-Sports scandals out here if you pay attention.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Like someone else mentioned, I think the fact that badges dont have a progress bar or some type of description is bad enough, not to mention that the meta seems to change by the week now.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:32 PM   #5
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
It's a bit shady for sure.

Nobody will make any noise about it though.

There are plently of E-Sports scandals out here if you pay attention.
There was one big one recently about Star Craft (8 people got arrested).

eSports being so new, its better to be safe about it and be fully transparent.

I'm not saying they'd even be doing it intentionally, but there should be no potential for getting in trouble. Imagine if we find out that the winners of $250,000 are getting special info that nobody else gets?

2k16 already had a scandal that nobody cared about: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...mpion-crowned/:
Quote:
As soon as the clock had expired in the fourth, the clearly frustrated team members of GFG began complaining about the controllers used in the match. I approached them once the cameras had stopped rolling and found out that the game had been played on PS4, but that GFG were used to playing on Xbox One—the system they rode to the championship. One member in particular, his handle being “DRAKE GRIFFLN”, said that his team was “blindsided” by the system choice and that he and his team “…didn’t find out until we got here about the controllers.”
I think they could probably make a case that they were screwed out of money... when money is on the line, you gotta be 100% legit.

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 10-06-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 11:53 PM   #6
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

No one is cheating. Ever since the last patch ppl have been getting lagged out non stop

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »