Home

Thread For OFFLINE Users To Discuss Tuner Changes, Patches, etc.

This is a discussion on Thread For OFFLINE Users To Discuss Tuner Changes, Patches, etc. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-05-2016, 09:11 AM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Thread For OFFLINE Users To Discuss Tuner Changes, Patches, etc.

Felt this thread was necessary so we can unclutter all the offline and online talk in the tuner and patch threads.

Offline and online guys obviously have a much different experience, so it doesn't really help anyone when we're all arguing in the same thread. So, please, no online users in this discussion. No my career, park, pro am or play now online even. It's just a different beast altogether .

Now, with that said. Mike Wang released a tuner last night, and I got in a couple games this morning before work. I will preface by saying, all is good in the offline world right now.

Shot percentages still look really good across the board, and if anything, I'm seeing more missed shots by the user and AI. Finished a game between the kings and magic, and they shot 41 and 43 % respectively for the game. Other games had other outcomes depending on the teams, but shot percentages still look great.

CPU teams actually walk the ball up the court frequently now and look to run an offense, it's great in motion. I'm still seeing way too many pull up 3s in transition from the AI, not sure how that one can be addressed.

Your teammates AI can still go brain dead more often than not on defense, leading to very easy AI paint scores. I will say however, the double teaming and leaving guys open on the 3 seems to have been toned down.

There's a couple rough spots, but overall we're still in good hands. Everyone please report what they are seeing in this thread. Playing on superstar by the way. Again, no online players please

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 09:35 AM   #2
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thread For OFFLINE Users To Discuss Tuner Changes, Patches, etc.

I played about 3 games last night on default Pro to get a feel for the patch. The only issue I really had was the high FG% and that appears to be fixed. However, I did notice that I was getting a lot of steals and very few fouls but it was only 4 min qtrs. All in all I'm good, though. I'm gonna run about 3 or 4 today on all star and see if that's where I'll settle at with minimal slider tweaks; the game plays great to me.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:00 AM   #3
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I played about 3 games last night on default Pro to get a feel for the patch. The only issue I really had was the high FG% and that appears to be fixed. However, I did notice that I was getting a lot of steals and very few fouls but it was only 4 min qtrs. All in all I'm good, though. I'm gonna run about 3 or 4 today on all star and see if that's where I'll settle at with minimal slider tweaks; the game plays great to me.
I haven't played with the latest update yet, but before my suggested changes on Pro is the users shooting and consistency should come down some and rebounds/steals need to be closer to what the cpu's is (lower the user some and raise the cpu on both of those). Also, fouls should be around the All Star sliders which is 60's for all of them, except reaching which is 70. I may raise loose ball fouls, as well. I'm not slider guru, but those were my initial impressions from playing a few games on Pro.

I've played a lot more on All Star, but Pro feels a little better to me this year. In my opinion, bad teams play like good teams on AS and although i could win games on AS all of them were super close. Hopefully, someone creates a nice slider set soon, but I can see how it's difficult now since things are changing so much with patches/updates.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-05-2016, 11:22 AM   #4
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I haven't played with the latest update yet, but before my suggested changes on Pro is the users shooting and consistency should come down some and rebounds/steals need to be closer to what the cpu's is (lower the user some and raise the cpu on both of those). Also, fouls should be around the All Star sliders which is 60's for all of them, except reaching which is 70. I may raise loose ball fouls, as well. I'm not slider guru, but those were my initial impressions from playing a few games on Pro.

I've played a lot more on All Star, but Pro feels a little better to me this year. In my opinion, bad teams play like good teams on AS and although i could win games on AS all of them were super close. Hopefully, someone creates a nice slider set soon, but I can see how it's difficult now since things are changing so much with patches/updates.
Pro is too easy for sure. Initially I was winning comfortably on allstar after playing 2k16 with modified rookie sliders. I'm far from a world beater. But then the game caught up to me or something because I started losing and just couldn't stop the easy paint scoring. And it just felt less fun and organic. I know I'm gonna settle somewhere on allstar so that I can get a challenge. Something right between pro and allstar would be perfect, IMO. Good thing that there's not a lot wrong out of the box so.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I will say, Superstar seems very playable now. Very few instances of cheap AI on this level now.

I was worried FG% would sky rocket again, but for now, we really seem to be okay with realistic numbers

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 11:51 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

How does the shooting affect player lock? I play with custom sliders (started on HOF for ACE then I changed them).

what I'm asking is do my players controlled by the cpu have the ratings as a user or is this just the player I am controlling? I like player lock because it just seems the CPU processes differently in the sense that the game is more balanced (CPU doing super human stuff).
Old 10-05-2016, 11:53 AM   #7
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

And this was just a gameplay update, nothing yet for the inflated training issues in MyLeague?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2016, 11:56 AM   #8
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

as a self proclaimed stat nerd who needs everything to be realistic

this shot going from an F to a B-, with a 90 contested mid rating, i fully approve of where the tuning is at right now from the few minutes i played testing different shot qualities

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »