Home

Will something be done about the lack of moving screens being called?

This is a discussion on Will something be done about the lack of moving screens being called? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-04-2016, 08:21 AM   #1
Rookie

Ferweezy's Arena

OVR: 5
Will something be done about the lack of moving screens being called?

This is a huge issue in the park and pro am. Teams abusing knowing it won't be called. It don't make sense it was called last year but this year they take it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 09:55 AM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Will something be done about the lack of moving screens being called?

It's people like this why you get all these hot fixes in 2k conplan about every lil thing why don't you lean how to work around it that will be to hard huh if someone is setting a screen guess what his man is open

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2016, 11:15 AM   #3
Rookie

TheBallGuru's Arena

Well to be fair they don't call them in the NBA in real life so I wouldn't say it's that unrealistic. I don't play park so maybe it is bad, but go watch KG or Draymond set screens along with many others, they're always moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2016, 11:50 AM   #4
Rookie

The Blazers led the league in illegal screen calls at around 1.2 per game. The warriors averaged 0.9 per game.

It was waaaaay overboard last year. The rule is not "must be stationary".

Although I have literally not seen it called once, going backnto last year would be terrible.

"A player who sets a screen shall not (1) assume a position nearer than a normal step from an opponent, if that opponent is stationary and unaware of the screener's position, or (2) make illegal contact with an opponent when he assumes a position at the side or front of an opponent, or (3) assume a position so near to a moving opponent that he is not given an opportunity to stop and/or change direction before making illegal contact, or (4) move laterally or toward an opponent being screened, after having assumed a legal position. The screener may move in the same direction and path of the opponent being screened.

In (3) above, the speed of the opponent being screened will determine what the screener's stationary position may be. This position will vary and may be one to two normal steps or strides from his opponent."
Old 10-04-2016, 02:38 PM   #5
Rookie

J.R.'s Arena

OVR: 4

I think they made it this way purposely. Call it the Draymond Green Effect.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 02:48 PM   #6
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the screen where the offensive players pushes 1-2 defenders to the paint which allow players to be wide open.

What people are doing is calling multiple screens with the intentions and hopes that the defender(s) get caught in the animation. The ball handler is not calling the screen for a roll/pop play or hoping the defender goes under the screen instead of over.

It's definitely a glitch, because the defender can't swim around the player to get back into good defensive position.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:04 PM   #7
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxmike
The Blazers led the league in illegal screen calls at around 1.2 per game. The warriors averaged 0.9 per game.

It was waaaaay overboard last year. The rule is not "must be stationary".

Although I have literally not seen it called once, going backnto last year would be terrible.

"A player who sets a screen shall not (1) assume a position nearer than a normal step from an opponent, if that opponent is stationary and unaware of the screener's position, or (2) make illegal contact with an opponent when he assumes a position at the side or front of an opponent, or (3) assume a position so near to a moving opponent that he is not given an opportunity to stop and/or change direction before making illegal contact, or (4) move laterally or toward an opponent being screened, after having assumed a legal position. The screener may move in the same direction and path of the opponent being screened.

In (3) above, the speed of the opponent being screened will determine what the screener's stationary position may be. This position will vary and may be one to two normal steps or strides from his opponent."
NBA Discussion of Screens
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...l-screens.nba/

Old 10-04-2016, 03:15 PM   #8
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

theirs moving screens in pro-am wow and i thought it was just a park thing that needs to definitely get patched

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »