Home

ProAm AI needs to be nerfed or disabled

This is a discussion on ProAm AI needs to be nerfed or disabled within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-02-2016, 12:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
ProAm AI needs to be nerfed or disabled

2K needs to do something about ProAm bots, as it's getting too annoying to play against them.

First of all, I believe that for ProAm mode you should have 5 players, and not only 3. Have fewer than 5? Play Walk-on! However, 2K decided that we can have 2 bots, but they are way overpowered.

The biggest problem is sloppy rebounding, I believe. There are so many misses that cannot be grabbed by a human player as a player simply refuses to grab the ball. If bot is there, he will pick it up everytime! As a human player, you will just be an inch away from the ball and refuse to pick it up, no matter what you do. The center on my team is a 7'1" glass cleaner and although he is a beast on the glass against human players, he will often lose the rebounding battle against the bot, even though he is in a better position to grab it.

They are also incredibly good at intercepting passes! If you try to make a deep pass to the person that's guarded by a bot, it will most likely end up in a turnover. They just have incredible reaction time and will intercept it without breaking a sweat. Just earlier today, slasher on my team who plays mostly off cuts, was held to 6 points because he had a bot on him. We tried to pass it to him and stick to our gameplan, but we ended up ignoring him on the offense as he had a bot on him. We won the game, but I doubt it was fun for him.

Besides incredible reaction time, you will have bots who are slashers and who make 3-point shots. Their rating is probably higher than 55, but it's still ridiculous.

There are some teams who play with ProAm AI on purpose for these things, and I believe that it should be fixed. There is no way that bots should have such an impeccable reaction time and that teams benefit from it. If anything, teams should be penalized for not having 5 players, not rewarded.

Bots are supposedly 55, but they don't play like 55 overall players. Even if they are 70 (like last year), they play way better. The worst thing is that they are able to do things that human players are not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 12:59 AM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: ProAm AI needs to be nerfed or disabled

Everyone once in a while you'll get an AI who plays decent, but they're usually nothing special. They pick off passes pretty well, but that's easily avoidable. The last thing they need is a nerf. Playing against a full team when you have AI teammates is never preferable.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:06 AM   #3
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

I agree with Pappy overall. Having 5 vs a team with AI is to the advantage of the human team, big time.

That having been said, I understand the complaint. The AI this year is largely ungoverned by ratings and has access to several game mechanics that the user doesn't have. The AI doesn't have the same recovery rules that we have.

Good players know how to beat this, but that's not the point, really. The AI is based on cheats much more so than decision making and across all skill levels, that's no fun to play with/against.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:10 AM   #4
Rookie

I say this as constructive criticism to what you're suggesting and will say that you gotta realize what you're up against. If you keep feeding the ball to someone with a CPU because it's your gameplan and trying to get them shots, then you're going about it wrong. It's like real life NBA, you have to gameplan around what you're up against and the best teams make adjustments.

I've been up against CPU Players as a C and they aren't a joke in terms of defense and passing lanes. They can also rebound at a decent rate depending on your size and build. Is it fun to only get 1 or 2 shots a game (that happened to me)? Not really but that's when you get involved and do all the other things for your team depending on the role.

You really just have to be careful and the slasher has to play within keeping his man out of the paint because if the AI defender is anywhere nearby, he'll pick it off. Playing Walk On is a nice idea in theory to make things even but if you're ever played Walk On, you'll understand that your chances are better with 55 AI players than 90 rated ball hogs.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:13 AM   #5
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

The cpu absolutely sucks. The only thing theyre good at is intercepting lead passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 04:41 AM   #6
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I had a game with KodiiRockets where our AI would not shoot the open 3 pointer no matter what. It was the most infuriating thing because we were actively trying to get him involved. Then you have games where they want to take every single idiotic shot that they can. It is what it is, I guess.

As a big, I will say that they can stick to you like glue on defense. It can be hard to get away from them at times. That being said, they seem to leave shooters open a lot and help when it's not necessary. It's weird stuff. I'm not a fan of the AI in general in Pro-Am, but the last thing they are is overpowered.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 10-02-2016 at 04:44 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:54 AM   #7
Banned

AI's are confirmed to have 9000 boxout stat.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:28 AM   #8
Rookie

TrueHoliday's Arena

I wish I was as skilled as a 55 overall CPU power forward or center, they are ridiculous.

Outside CPU's are pretty bad because the whole game is pretty bad when it comes to CPU AI on perimeter. They get lost in pointless rotations and casually leave their sharpshooter open while on offense they love to crowd the paint and make a log jam.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »