Home

FTs in MyCareer...

This is a discussion on FTs in MyCareer... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2016, 12:15 PM   #1
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14
FTs in MyCareer...

The decision to do the FT attribute like this was a poor one. To only be able to do the FT practice during team practice...WHY? I have 6 team practices in 15 days compared to 26 extra work opportunities.

As my old coach said "What you do in practice makes you good, what you do outside of practice and in your off time makes you great."

If I'm putting up 50-100 FTs after practice is over, I should get more than +1 to my 64 FT rating.

All the time I spend playing 1-on-1, 2-on-2 or working on 3s in these extra work opportunities could be spent getting my horrible FT rating up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 02:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FTs in MyCareer...

I think FT progression rate is fine. My FT started at 60 and by Dec rookie year, I am now at 73. Current FT% is 81.4%. By the end of my 1st year, it should be 80 or higher. I find FT around 70 is not bad at all using right stick. Never got lower than 70% overall. When you get hot in game FT is boosted for 9 points as well.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:59 PM   #3
Pro

Dude every team practice you only have to do one round and you get a guaranteed ft increase. Also - big men in past years had bad free throw because it was locked to shooting skill trees. Now there's freedom. There's nothing to complain about other than frequency. It's a great idea to make people have to work to get better and not just buy everything. It creates fairness in terms of play to win/pay to win balance. I couldn't buy vc so I've had to grind to get vc by playing. If anyone should be complaining is the people who actually play to get better and not just buy their my player.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk

Last edited by Leasim96; 09-30-2016 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:19 AM   #4
Rookie

The only problem I have with the FT progression is that if you already maxed out your rating (ie no more attribute caps to unlock via practice) by the time the Patch 1.03 came out, you STILL have to go into every practice and do free throws and workouts just to get your FT and Stamina up (cause those increases didn't stay before the patch). So it doubles the number of workouts you need to do...
Old 09-30-2016, 12:23 AM   #5
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

I don't mind having to work to get some of these stats up.. My problem is the fact I can only get my free throw up at team practices, which are few and far between. And also the randomness of other stats. At least let us know what triggers what..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 03:29 AM   #6
Rookie

IMHO, this is a good idea for improving your FT rating. This year, the emphasis is for you to put work in at the gym. It's sort of rewarding to see your FT rating increase with every team practice.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:35 AM   #7
Rookie

timothythefirst's Arena

I've played about 25 games in my career and i think we've had maybe two team practices. and I haven't been prompted to practice free throws in either of them.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:23 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothythefirst
I've played about 25 games in my career and i think we've had maybe two team practices. and I haven't been prompted to practice free throws in either of them.

After all the drills are done, you have to stand at the free throw line and it will prompt you to practice free throws.

How could you only have 2 team practices? You might have skipped those doing other events. There's at least one every week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »