Home

CFL in Madden

This is a discussion on CFL in Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-28-2016, 09:11 PM   #1
Rookie

BoSox59's Arena

OVR: 0
CFL in Madden

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...adden-game-eh/

"And, while Orridge was coy about nailing down any specific announcement of a deal, he hinted that fans of maple-glazed pigskins could be able to play as the Saskatchewan Roughriders, Edmonton Eskimos, or Montreal Alouettes as soon as Madden NFL 17. “I think you should start asking for your next Christmas gift next year,” Orridge responded when asked whether CFL fans should start planning their franchise now."

Did anything ever come out of all this? I could see it working as a, say, $40 DLC maybe released around June-ish when the CFL season starts up and the NFL starts hibernating post-draft and FA hype.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 09:24 PM   #2
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Re: CFL in Madden

Not sure why the NFL would partner with the CFL unless the CFL paid them a lot of money. At that point I think it would be smarter for the CFL to just ask their own company to make them a game (visual concepts?)
Old 09-28-2016, 09:28 PM   #3
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I wish they would just focus on the NFL. unless they hire a new team to work on the CFL, I would hate to see them focus resources on that. it would be really cool to play a CFL game someday though.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:54 PM   #4
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

I'm not too familiar with the CFL. Besides the field dimensions, would it take that much extra effort to include them?

Also I do agree that the CFL probably couldn't support whatever money it would take to pay the NFL the rights to use their primary game.
College Football Revamped
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Old 09-28-2016, 10:07 PM   #5
Rookie

BoSox59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteward84
I'm not too familiar with the CFL. Besides the field dimensions, would it take that much extra effort to include them?

Also I do agree that the CFL probably couldn't support whatever money it would take to pay the NFL the rights to use their primary game.
Regarding the differences, there's 12 players/side, unlimited players in motion, 3 downs instead of four, a slightly rounder ball, longer & wider fields, and the rouge (I still don't quite understand how it works). Presumably it would be technically doable within the constraints of the game with not much effort.

The article included quotes from the CFL commissioner himself, and he's been pretty aggressive about increasing the CFL's profile and visibility so the gaming world is an obvious step in that direction. Normally I wouldn't take CFL-in-Madden rumors seriously but coming from the CFL commissioner makes the rumors a little more than online Canadian fever dreams.

How much they'd need to pay to the NFL to get into its signature game would probably depend on how threatened the NFL would feel from CFL competition, and my guess is "probably not much" (though I don't dare get inside the head of Roger Goodell). I'd have to assume the CFL commissioner's thought about this and has some sense of what it would take. Otherwise I have no idea about NFL-CFL relations, except to say that enough money can usually overcome any obstacle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 11:15 PM   #6
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Would CFL even sell enough? I never thought there was much of a demand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 09-29-2016, 12:08 AM   #7
Rookie

BoSox59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Would CFL even sell enough? I never thought there was much of a demand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It would almost certainly be huge in Canada, and depending on the price point it could pick up a few gamers in the US who are just interested in giving it a shot.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:22 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

I'd play it, if it was attached to Madden somehow. It would be fun to start up a franchise, and try to get some players invited to an NFL team.

Outside of that, nah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »