Home

Presets and Savings (how it works)

This is a discussion on Presets and Savings (how it works) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-28-2016, 12:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Icon3 Presets and Savings (how it works)

So we talked with Ben (Ben Ross is the gameplay producer and man to blame for the Nhl 17 sliders) and he noticed some confusion around the saving presets etc. So here's how it works:

Rules, Sliders and Period Length all change and save with the Preset. Difficulty does not.

If you have custom sliders and save the preset as 'SlidersXX' an then change Rules or Period Length, the preset will then change to 'Custom' but you can then save over your 'SlidersXX' preset again. As long as you started from that custom saved preset, your sliders are preserved if you change rules or period length. Those are just treated as a unique change on top of what you have as the base. The only reason it goes to custom is because you have technically modified that preset by changing a sub piece of it.

Changes from anywhere where it doesn't let you save a preset aren't going to stick.
Devs want to improve that in the future so that we can save from anywhere but that won't happen for 17.

Hope that makes the tweaking the sliders even more exciting

edit:
Hi guys,
since this thread is already sticky, I put this here too..

So Ben just informed me and of course would you- the core franchise guys who are playing with a lot of sliders, let know too, that we should be able to keep the tuner at 1.00, if we feel our experience is already dialed in.

Last edited by DJ NEO; 10-28-2016 at 11:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Presets and Savings (how it works)

Thanks Neo for the clarification! By the way, do you plan to post your slider set here soon? That would be nice!
Old 09-28-2016, 01:53 PM   #3
Rookie

How do you even save sliders? I'm trying to hit every button I possibly can (I'm on Xbox One) but nothing seems to be working. My sliders keep on resetting in stupid ways every time I play a game in my BAP or Franchise mode.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:02 PM   #4
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan30
How do you even save sliders? I'm trying to hit every button I possibly can (I'm on Xbox One) but nothing seems to be working. My sliders keep on resetting in stupid ways every time I play a game in my BAP or Franchise mode.
Are you guys making adjustments in game, or from the main menu? I input all my adjustments from the main menu and have never had an issue with them not being there, nor did I have to do anything to save them.. they just autosaved and I haven't had an issue. Even when I started my franchise, it defaulted to my custom settings.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:05 AM   #5
Just started!

Hello djneo. Please yours sliders.
I am sorry I'm bad english language
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 04:13 PM   #6
Banned

Soon
Probably with my Nhl season start in a few days..

Last edited by DJ NEO; 10-01-2016 at 06:38 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:08 PM   #7
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

they need : Save & Load & Delete & Rename & Copy and Paste

so that the game recognises which one to use for Sliders, same goals for NHL Strategies.

Coaching Strategies need: Save & Load & Delete & Rename & Copy & Paste

they are taking a risk with out this option.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:11 AM   #8
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan30

I have a similar issue.

Whenever I try to save a slider set, the game resets my sliders to what they were previously. For example, I have a set saved as 'Pro' I make tweaks to it and try to overwrite the 'Pro' set and when I choose 'overwrite' the sliders just return to what they were previously. Also, whenever I make changes to them, exit to the previous menu, change a game option that has nothing to do with sliders (ei, period length or difficulty setting) they change as well.

I think I will try only changing them in the main menu outside of franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »