Home

cutscenes: does anybody enjoy watching them ... again ... and again ... and again

This is a discussion on cutscenes: does anybody enjoy watching them ... again ... and again ... and again within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-27-2016, 11:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
cutscenes: does anybody enjoy watching them ... again ... and again ... and again

wtf. How does 2K make money by not allowing to skip the cutscenes. There has to be a reason that they are unskippable, right? Cause every sane person would make them skippable. I need to understand why.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 11:58 AM   #2
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Re: cutscenes: does anybody enjoy watching them ... again ... and again ... and again

Yea, it's incredibly annoying. I created my second player last night, and still had to sit through the annoying zombie dance party in college, the creepy coach calling me buddy, falling asleep in biology class, etc.

It really kills the mode when you're forced to watch the same stuff multiple times, and it's not like they're short scenes.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:05 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: cutscenes: does anybody enjoy watching them ... again ... and again ... and again

I would like to skip the people dunking off the trampolines as well. After the first few times it was cool. Now I just want to skip it and start the second half. These should have the option to be skipped just like the cheerleaders, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2016, 12:14 PM   #4
Pro

I just don't understand 2k's whole thought process sometimes. Last year we could skip cut scenes....this year we're forced to watch them. I didn't even pay attention to them the first time. I definitely don't wanna have to sit through them again. SMH
Old 09-27-2016, 12:51 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Just a terrible design. I can understand the VC milking jump this game takes each year (not a fan, but i get it). But not to be able to skip a cutscene? This day and age? Please...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 01:09 PM   #6
Banned

If you believe in conspiracy theories it's supposedly so the "grind of MyCareer" seems more intense and makes you more likely to give in and buy VC.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:17 PM   #7
Banned

Absolutely hate it and usually pick up my phone to check stuff to pass time while it plays.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:05 AM   #8
Rookie

It's got nothing to do with conspirancy. The game has been designed by someone. So there were decisions made. What's the reasoning behind having 1 hour of cutscenes to restart a myplayer (about 10-15 minutes of actual game time)?

Especially since the voice actors didn't give a **** as well. "... like you told, eh, showed me on the phone." They didn't even bother to record their lines properly, leaving fluffs in.

Apart from that the cutscenes and stories are cringeworthy. No ambition, with one exception: The court animation at the start of the 1st game are well done. Not sure how that happened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »