Home

NHL 17 Skater Controls Reference Sheet

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Skater Controls Reference Sheet within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-22-2016, 07:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NHL 17 Skater Controls Reference Sheet

A lot of you pros probably won't need this but for anyone new to the franchise or is simply forgetful like myself I created a reference sheet that places all the offense, defense and coaching controls in front of you without having to dig through the menus.

You can find it HERE.

Just download and print. I hope some of you find it useful. Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 11:30 AM   #2
Rookie

CPT JPMorgan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 17 Skater Controls Reference Sheet

Thanks! That is very helpful. I haven't played NHL in years and just jumped back in this year... and have NO idea what I'm doing. This is the worst game to do that with, because there is NOTHING out there teaching the basics that I can find. Everything out there assumes you have played before, lol. I'm learning SLOWLY with the on ice trainer, but this game could really use a tutorial or skills trainer like Madden.

By the way... do you have a list of controls for net battles? I see you listed a spin and I have seen it pop up to use LT to evade. But like, how do you "big shove" like the achievement says, etc.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:18 PM   #3
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT JPMorgan
Thanks! That is very helpful. I haven't played NHL in years and just jumped back in this year... and have NO idea what I'm doing. This is the worst game to do that with, because there is NOTHING out there teaching the basics that I can find. Everything out there assumes you have played before, lol. I'm learning SLOWLY with the on ice trainer, but this game could really use a tutorial or skills trainer like Madden.

By the way... do you have a list of controls for net battles? I see you listed a spin and I have seen it pop up to use LT to evade. But like, how do you "big shove" like the achievement says, etc.
I'm on the same boat as you. What I did was learn from NHL 16 videos of a lot of control lol. Still trying to understand hockey from a tactic point of view. I only knew how to give it to Jagr back in the day. And deke my way to goals without passing it lol.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:22 PM   #4
Rookie

CPT JPMorgan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I'm on the same boat as you. What I did was learn from NHL 16 videos of a lot of control lol. Still trying to understand hockey from a tactic point of view. I only knew how to give it to Jagr back in the day. And deke my way to goals without passing it lol.
Ha! Yeah, that did the trick. I should clarify, I know tactics and used to be pretty good, but it's been too long for me to remember the controls or know any of the new ones.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:53 PM   #5
Pro

stevostl's Arena

nice sheet.. even includes the drop pass and the chop puck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 07:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT JPMorgan
I'm so glad it's helping you. As far as Net Battles go, don't quote me on this, but I believe they are situational. That is, the angle from which you engage the player and how close you are to said player and whether you are standing still or skating towards him will activate different sequences.

Also, I forgot to add a really important one, which I'm adding now and updating: the one timer. Hold Left Trigger, and up on the Right Stick. It's not as effective as it was in 16 but it's a good one to remember.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs up Re: NHL 17 Skater Controls Reference Sheet

Hey thanks for this - good job!
Old 09-29-2016, 08:20 PM   #8
Rookie

CPT JPMorgan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33m3R
I'm so glad it's helping you. As far as Net Battles go, don't quote me on this, but I believe they are situational. That is, the angle from which you engage the player and how close you are to said player and whether you are standing still or skating towards him will activate different sequences.

Also, I forgot to add a really important one, which I'm adding now and updating: the one timer. Hold Left Trigger, and up on the Right Stick. It's not as effective as it was in 16 but it's a good one to remember.
Ok cool. Thanks again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »