Home

nba 2k17 vs 2k16 difficulty

This is a discussion on nba 2k17 vs 2k16 difficulty within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-22-2016, 04:03 AM   #1
Rookie

Soze Mucky's Arena

OVR: 0
nba 2k17 vs 2k16 difficulty

seems alot harder this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 05:16 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: nba 2k17 vs 2k16 difficulty

I play on SS default and omg it feels like any time the cpu wants an open bucket especially a 3, they get it. I have been shouting obscenities at the tv for a few games now. Hopefully I'll get better. 0-3 with the Wolves.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:27 AM   #3
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Admittedly I was an expansion team, but I didn't expect to lose 145-100 to the Pacers in the season opener.
On All-Star.

Or have 26 turnovers, 24 of which were steals. At least one of them was by a guy who had his BACK to the ball!

It got me seriously wondering...are these guys psychic, or do I just suck?

Or is it true that these passes are way too slow, thus giving them more time to react?
Old 09-22-2016, 05:37 AM   #4
Rookie

It's harder but in a fair way. The biggest difference is with P&Rs. The timing window to feed the roller is so small this year but i love it...
Old 09-22-2016, 05:42 AM   #5
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soze Mucky
seems alot harder this year.
Hopefully that's a good thing.

2k16: First time playing 2k hall of fame in 2k16, it took me weeks to probably months before I finally defeated the CPU on hall of fame default sliders or whatever patch was available. Developers said pro and all star or one of those lower levels were tuned more realistically so I always stayed there. Never once touched hall of fame prior to 2k16.

2k17: is a different beast. The CPU will slice and dice me up if I'm not mentally focused. They carved me up 30, 40, 50 points during the first couple of days. I managed to finally understand how to play the game and have had very competitive matches, and even now defeating the CPU on Hall of Fame.

Love the game. Oddly enough, still loved the game when I lost by 40 to 50 points. Matches are now competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
I play on SS default and omg it feels like any time the cpu wants an open bucket especially a 3, they get it. I have been shouting obscenities at the tv for a few games now. Hopefully I'll get better. 0-3 with the Wolves.
My advice after finally defeating the CPU on hall of fame is that you must absolutely play both on-ball and off-ball defense. You can not get away with just on-ball defense. You will lose if that is your sole tactic.

Within a single possession, you absolutely must survey the entire court, all 10 of your players. You must anticipate the CPU. The CPU likes to get their shooters open and you must learn to icon select your off ball defender and fight around the CPU screen. Within a single defensive sequence, you might have to play on-ball one second, then off-ball the next, and back to on-ball and then back to off-ball. You sometimes have to get up on the ball handler, sometimes you have to get up on the off-ball personnel.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-22-2016 at 05:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 05:56 AM   #6
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

I was also losing my cool a little.

But Mike's recent slider update has really improved the experience for me personally.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:18 AM   #7
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

To me 2K17 difficulty is much more realistic than difficulty than 2k16 and much more fun against the CPU since Mike made those slider updates as well as the transition 3's.

I don't know what setting you are playing on or your skill level but I will say follow strawberryshortcake's advice, just felt weird typing that out oh well. You really need to play some on ball and off ball to cover for players coming off screens.

Your success in this game is tied to how well you know your team strength's and weaknesses and how to use them as well as the team you are facing. There is also a level of stick skill needed for creating space or attacking the basket. If you are a shot stick user timing then you need to practice your shots.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:31 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
To me 2K17 difficulty is much more realistic than difficulty than 2k16 and much more fun against the CPU since Mike made those slider updates as well as the transition 3's.

I don't know what setting you are playing on or your skill level but I will say follow strawberryshortcake's advice, just felt weird typing that out oh well. You really need to play some on ball and off ball to cover for players coming off screens.

Your success in this game is tied to how well you know your team strength's and weaknesses and how to use them as well as the team you are facing. There is also a level of stick skill needed for creating space or attacking the basket. If you are a shot stick user timing then you need to practice your shots.
I agree. On SS the game is not that hard for an average player, on HOF things are a little bit different. You have to play both on and off the ball, use every control, every type of pass, both triggers on defense and also change some settings. ACE is not enough on HOF

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »