Home

Too Many Injuries in MyGM

This is a discussion on Too Many Injuries in MyGM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Too Many Injuries in MyGM

I've been playing around with MYGM the past few days, love the new additions and such. Trading still seems a tad easy as i got Rudy Gobert for Nick Young and Yi Jalian, but that discussion is for another time.

Anyways, i've noticed a large amount of injuries in the league and it's only in week two. We've lost Anthony Davis the first night with an achillies injury and i have Westbrook, Booker, and Ingram all out two months with broken ankles.

I've played in five games where i've seen players get injured. I love the animations for them, great job 2k. But there are simply way too many and each of the injuries occur after a jump shot with no contact. I found that odd.

Anyway we can tweak this down in a future update? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 02:21 PM   #2
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Too Many Injuries in MyGM

Is there an injury slider for MyGM/MyLeague?
Old 09-20-2016, 02:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

i havent played yet, but maybe they will Tone it down a bit, but not completely remove it from the game to where injuries was non existent like last year
Old 09-20-2016, 02:30 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04

No. I have not found one if there is one.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:52 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool318
I've been playing around with MYGM the past few days, love the new additions and such. Trading still seems a tad easy as i got Rudy Gobert for Nick Young and Yi Jalian, but that discussion is for another time.

Anyways, i've noticed a large amount of injuries in the league and it's only in week two. We've lost Anthony Davis the first night with an achillies injury and i have Westbrook, Booker, and Ingram all out two months with broken ankles.

I've played in five games where i've seen players get injured. I love the animations for them, great job 2k. But there are simply way too many and each of the injuries occur after a jump shot with no contact. I found that odd.

Anyway we can tweak this down in a future update? Thanks!
Happens in MyLeague too. I have 2-3 injuries in every game.
I like that players get injured, waiting for this for years, but it needs to be toned down a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
In MyLeague you cannot set the frequency for injuries, only the frequeny of major injuries and how minor injuries affect the player.

In MyGM no option I guess.
That´s why I hope they get rid of MyGM and put the RPG elements from MyGM into MyLeague, optional of course - that would be the best thing they can do, it would make everybody happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 03:59 PM   #6
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizarro24
In MyLeague you cannot set the frequency for injuries, only the frequeny of major injuries and how minor injuries affect the player.
Yes you can. Options -> MyLeague Settings. In the last category (Difficulty), second from the bottom pair, you'll find the "Injury Frequency" sliders.

I tried them at 40 and it seemed to have no effect. My team still got three injuries in a little less than two games. So now I've lowered them to 25 to see what happens, and there were no injuries in the first game I played (although that may not mean anything since I did play games at default 50 where there were no injuries.) Testing continues.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:03 PM   #7
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I like that I can actually see in game injuries as well as star players getting hurt early. A.Davis got injured twice in the first 6 games. Once for a day-to-day then he must have came back and hurt himself again. This time for 6-8 weeks. Jimmy Butler went out for 1-2 weeks with a twisted ankle.

All in all, this is much better than nothing. Or simming to get injuries.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:11 PM   #8
Rookie

I noticed the same thing and had to start three MyGm's over. I eventually just went to MyLeague. Kyrie was getting major leg injuries every time I played them with the Knicks for the first game. Porzingod also had a concussion that sidelined him for 2months....really two month for a concussion?? Smh. Anyways, I bumped durability to 90 for CPU/User, lowered frequency to 10 and duration (can't remember the exact number). Personally I would rather see no injuries or close to it then major players getting injured every game.

Im about to test out my injury sliders and see how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Washington Redskins
Chris Paul & John Wall

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »