Home

MyTeam 2k17 line-up suggestions/ advice thread

This is a discussion on MyTeam 2k17 line-up suggestions/ advice thread within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-18-2016, 10:42 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
MyTeam 2k17 line-up suggestions/ advice thread

We have this thread every year so I am creating it right now. Hope we can gather all similar Q&As gathered in one thread to be more easy to view and answer them

For the question
I play 4 out - 1 in

Jay Williams/ Lillard
Richardson / McCollum
Lebron / Kawhi
Horry / Carmelo
DeAndre / Howard

I am looking for a nice stretch PF that can score, shoot the wide open 3, defend and be fast enough to burst pass heavy PF

Previous years I was using KD most of the time but his post defense stats plus strength in not ideal for PF

Obvious choices all of them have pros and cons

Horry is good for open shots and defense/rebounding but lacks speed

Carmelo is strong enough but not a very good 3 pt shooter plus very average defender

Leonard is very decent to move him in PF but surprisingly he has only post defense in mid 50s

Dray is not a very good shooter to stretch the floor etc

Any suggestion, advices?

PS. Any additional advice for the above line-up is welcome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 10:47 AM   #2
Rookie

MR B1G D3AL's Arena

Re: MyTeam 2k17 line-up suggestions/ advice thread

Try K Por or Milsap for s cheap stretch 4. I completed the pacers collection and am running with Detlef at the 4 currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2016, 05:06 AM   #3
MVP

Have you tried Jay Williams?
Statswise looks great, but for some reason he doesn't really perform

Since he is free though I might keep him as bench PG, sell Lillard, and get Steph.

Has anyone tried Steph?
Old 09-19-2016, 07:40 AM   #4
MVP

justlaze's Arena

For the stretch 4 you can think of getting the Shane Battier. He looks good for this position with 85 3-Ball / good defense / decent athleticsm.

Curry is just too good at the current stage...with the 3s dropping so much in general - he is one of the biggest threats.

I'm currently running:

Curry / Deron / Kyrie
Grant Hill / Richardson
LBJ / Sprewell / KD
AD / PG13 / Abdur-Rahim
Cousins / Edwards
Old 09-19-2016, 08:17 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
For the stretch 4 you can think of getting the Shane Battier. He looks good for this position with 85 3-Ball / good defense / decent athleticsm.

Curry is just too good at the current stage...with the 3s dropping so much in general - he is one of the biggest threats.

I'm currently running:

Curry / Deron / Kyrie
Grant Hill / Richardson
LBJ / Sprewell / KD
AD / PG13 / Abdur-Rahim
Cousins / Edwards
Looking at emerald Shane Battier I am scared of his poor rebounding stats. I do not want a PF that can't rebound.

Anyway Horry right now is keeping his starting position and I will revaluate the situation when more cards are out

I don't want reward Battier because I will commit a big chunk of my MT for a player which will not make the "difference" in my line-up

Thanks for the Curry info. I will check him out

Last edited by kabamaru; 09-19-2016 at 08:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 11:45 AM   #6
Rookie

I'm not sure why they nerfed Draymond to start the year. His dynamic was such an amazing card for the first half of myteam last year. Probably got knocked down because the Warriors choked and he was a scapegoat, but he was a monster in Game 7 of the Finals, the last NBA game he played.

He has an Olympic card that will release too that has a slight shooting boost. If not that card, I think once he has a big game and they drop a moments card he will again be an excellent pickup.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

If you can get the duo of KAT and Ben Simmons I recommend it. Simmons 3 gets boosted to 70, has 90 speed and 85 layup, and gets his FT boosted. He is a terror for other PF. First game I played (against rockets) had 29/8/4 on very efficient shooting (around 10-14, with 1 three). KAT also gets his shooting boosted which helps
Old 09-19-2016, 01:49 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaxident
I'm not sure why they nerfed Draymond to start the year. His dynamic was such an amazing card for the first half of myteam last year. Probably got knocked down because the Warriors choked and he was a scapegoat, but he was a monster in Game 7 of the Finals, the last NBA game he played.

He has an Olympic card that will release too that has a slight shooting boost. If not that card, I think once he has a big game and they drop a moments card he will again be an excellent pickup.
Yeah, I think his 3 should be higher. They have nerfed all players down, but his 3 in comparison to last year dynamic is super down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »