Home

Official MLO Issues

This is a discussion on Official MLO Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-17-2016, 03:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Official MLO Issues

There are a couple of issues regarding My League Online.
1. Progression: there isn't much if any progression from season to season. Players are moving up 1 OVR at the most, while older players are going down at an alarming rate (6 OVR). There is no balance in these aspects. It's a pretty big deal since leagues need to have some sort of progression, otherwise 10 years from now the league will be filled with a bunch of role players.

2. Custom draft classes: at first when you upload a draft class everything looks fine. When you exit the menu and go back and check the draft class is back to a 2k created class. I've even tried to upload the class right before the offseason class and it still went back to 2ks class.
(Edit)- They save now, but ratings and colleges are different.

3.Random Keeper years is basically every player with 2, there was like 1 player per every other team with 5. Its not random at all.(FIXED)

4.When you turn off keepers, there is no "offseason draft". Just jumps directly to next season.

These issues are important to the league, I would say the progression issue is a major factor ina lgs success. Hopefully 2K can tweak their formula for progression. I would love to see a slider for progression but that may be reaching.

All in all, I am loving the online leagues if we can get these issues resolved. Everything else is working as advertised. If you come across anything please post it below and I will add it to the OP.

Leftos, would appreciate if you could chime in here to acknowledge you are aware of these issues and could update us on a possible timetable for a fix. I want to start to league but I don't want a patch to come later where we have to restart. Please let me know if we should wait to start.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by swimfunk; 09-27-2016 at 12:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 03:37 PM   #2
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Official MLO Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
1. Progression: there isn't much if any progression from season to season. Players are moving up 1 OVR at the most, while older players are going down at an alarming rate (6 OVR). There is no balance in these aspects. It's a pretty big deal since leagues need to have some sort of progression, otherwise 10 years from now the league will be filled with a bunch of role players. I

2. Custom draft classes: at first when you upload a draft class everything looks fine. When you exit the menu and go back and check the draft class is back to a 2k created class. I've even tried to upload the class right before the offseason class and it still went back to 2ks class.

Both these issues are important to the league, I would say the progression issue is a major factor ina lgs success. Hopefully 2K can tweak their formula for progression. I would love to see a slider for progression but that may be reaching.

All in all, I am loving the online leagues if we can get these issues resolved. Everything else is working as advertised. If you come across anything please post it below and I will add it to the OP.

Leftos, would appreciate if you could chime in here to acknowledge you are aware of these issues and could update us on a possible timetable for a fix. I want to start to league but I don't want a patch to come later where we have to restart. Please let me know if we should wait to start.

Cheers!

Nice constructive post swim. Very dissapointed that the mode is still not ready for prime time in its second year. Guess we will be in preseason mode for our MLO pending a patch or hopefully a tuning on the back end that doesn't have us waiting on a patch.

I think the devs mentioned that they can tune some stuff in Myleague without a patch and the profession regression issue might be in that category of things that can tuned on the back end.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

Last edited by amedawg00; 09-17-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:46 PM   #3
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
1. Progression: there isn't much if any progression from season to season. Players are moving up 1 OVR at the most, while older players are going down at an alarming rate (6 OVR). There is no balance in these aspects. It's a pretty big deal since leagues need to have some sort of progression, otherwise 10 years from now the league will be filled with a bunch of role players. I

Both these issues are important to the league, I would say the progression issue is a major factor ina lgs success. Hopefully 2K can tweak their formula for progression. I would love to see a slider for progression but that may be reaching.

Cheers!

Thanks for creating this thread as both issues you described are ones i am experiencing as well.

This is a question not issue but do you know the difference between overall rating and on the bottom drafting?

Thanks
Old 09-17-2016, 03:48 PM   #4
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0

wasn't a harsher version of this topic made a hour ago lmfao
Old 09-17-2016, 03:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Official MLO Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAM CEO
Thanks for creating this thread as both issues you described are ones i am experiencing as well.

This is a question not issue but do you know the difference between overall rating and on the bottom drafting?

Thanks

It is in regards to the player value of the keeper. Overall ratings means that your keeper hold a certain round value 1-30 = 1st rd, 31-60 = 2nd rd and so on. For example a top 30 player say Westbrook will be your 1st rd pick if you keep him. So for a lot of teams the draft won't actually start until your 6th rd pick if you have a good set of 5 keepers. It helps the teams who don't have stars to pick first, like the 76ers.. who don't have a top 30 player.

Bottom drafting means they go to bottom of the draft, i.e. Last picks. The draft would just follow the normal draft order.

Personally I like the overall system as it helps give the lesser teams some talent.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 03:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
wasn't a harsher version of this topic made a hour ago lmfao

Yea but it was more talking about if OP went too far than actual 2k issues haha

Old 09-17-2016, 03:58 PM   #7
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

To add to the issues list, I think the injury sliders for MLO might be a placebo. I have cranked them up to 100 and still haven't seen any injuries, major or minor. If anyone else can test to confirm that injuries occur in MLO, that would be great.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 09-17-2016, 04:01 PM   #8
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0