Home

Be A Pro Gameplay Is Garbage Unfortunately

This is a discussion on Be A Pro Gameplay Is Garbage Unfortunately within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Be A Pro Gameplay Is Garbage Unfortunately

First off, I'm not a EA or BAP basher...I love BAP, it just quickly became so frustrating. So far I've played 23 games now in the WHL, and accumulated 4 goals and 4 assists. As a playmaking Center...1 assist was an empty netter. Another I shot off my teammates head. Is anyone having fun playing this mode? I no longer have fun. I set my sliders 7 games ago, on All-Star, full 20 minute periods and didn't touch anything. The total goals have gone from 9, 7, 4, 5, 3, 3, 2. It keeps going down....

As for my teammates, every time they skate the puck into the corner, they do nothing and just lose it! It's so frustrating. The most frustrating part is I can skate around the entire offensive zone, and yet my two wingers just stand by the net doing absolutely nothing but get into a net battle animation or let themselves be covered. They NEVER try to get open. The CPU seems to always be on top of things, and I get QUADRUPLE TEAMED. This is another obnoxious thing. If I get the puck at the point or along the boards, at times 3-4 defenders will go right at me. The worst part is there is no possible way to pass through them. I've tried manual saucer passes, they intercept (even with low sliders) or tip, EVERYTHING. I had no where near this many problems on 16, even though 16's Be A Pro was meh... Another thing, my AI teammates seem hell bent on trying to pass through the CPU as well. The majority of my lines goals are me getting a real lucky bounce once every 3 games or so, or the CPU putting the puck in it's own net.

Is anyone having better luck?

Last edited by Pikesburgh; 09-16-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 08:02 PM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Re: Be A Pro Gameplay Is Garbage Unfortunately

I found something in goalie mode today, if I put puck control: CPU: 50 and Human: 60, I found my offense will carry the puck and shoot at the goalie, its quite something look at in goalie mode, my team is up 3-0 LOL!, I am expecting a comeback logic to ruin the score though .
Old 09-16-2016, 08:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Does it stick? Because I make slider changes and the first game it plays well. Then after a few games it all goes to hell. I'm now in my 6th game since, and it's 0-0 in the 3rd. It's like adjusting the sliders every game makes it play okay, but leaving them alone makes it turn into table top hockey where the puck just bounces around and no one can pick it up. I'm going to try your sliders for my BAP even though I'm not a goalie. Maybe it'll play better.

EDIT: And I just got my first assist in 5 games changing the puck control to what you suggested, then setting it back to my original setting, just to test my theory. So weird.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:19 PM   #4
Rookie

Caniac94's Arena

I don't know about you but I am really seriously enjoying this year's Be A Pro. I'm starting out doing a full season in the WHL as a two-way center with Moose Jaw (I just randomized who I played for). So far our record is 5-4-2. There is a challenge to it this year that I have been craving for. I'm just using Al Tito's NHL 17 Full Sim Sliders for Be A Pro, with some slight modifications of my own. I've gotten realistic stats and every game I've played is different from each other. I've had a 5-4 game which we won, we lost a 2-0 game where we just couldn't score for anything. I've had a 3-1 victory and also played in a fun tight checking 3-2 battle.

The game is just playing great for me and unlike previous iterations of Be A Pro, I'm finding it pretty difficult to score goals, which I genuinely love. Before it was too easy but now I have to work for my chances. My player has scored 2 goals and 8 assists for 10 points in 11 games, which leads the team in points and is not bad for a two-way guy. I used to be able to pot 50 goals no problem in prior versions but this time around I think my pro might be lucky to score 20 goals this year. It's also not easy to get assists as I have found myself only getting but so many chances a game, like in real life. The puck feels loose and I've seen chances going both ways for both teams. The CPU team defense is better and more aggressive this year, which really makes it much more fun and rewarding when you do score. Also those net tie ups are fun to perform in front of your own net and it just adds another dimension to playing defense.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:54 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac94
I don't know about you but I am really seriously enjoying this year's Be A Pro. I'm starting out doing a full season in the WHL as a two-way center with Moose Jaw (I just randomized who I played for). So far our record is 5-4-2. There is a challenge to it this year that I have been craving for. I'm just using Al Tito's NHL 17 Full Sim Sliders for Be A Pro, with some slight modifications of my own. I've gotten realistic stats and every game I've played is different from each other. I've had a 5-4 game which we won, we lost a 2-0 game where we just couldn't score for anything. I've had a 3-1 victory and also played in a fun tight checking 3-2 battle.

The game is just playing great for me and unlike previous iterations of Be A Pro, I'm finding it pretty difficult to score goals, which I genuinely love. Before it was too easy but now I have to work for my chances. My player has scored 2 goals and 8 assists for 10 points in 11 games, which leads the team in points and is not bad for a two-way guy. I used to be able to pot 50 goals no problem in prior versions but this time around I think my pro might be lucky to score 20 goals this year. It's also not easy to get assists as I have found myself only getting but so many chances a game, like in real life. The puck feels loose and I've seen chances going both ways for both teams. The CPU team defense is better and more aggressive this year, which really makes it much more fun and rewarding when you do score. Also those net tie ups are fun to perform in front of your own net and it just adds another dimension to playing defense.
This is exactly what I'm looking for. I just don't know how to get it to play well. So many times my teammates just turn the puck over or don't know what to do with it. What sliders did you tweak? I'd love to start over as a Defenseman, because then my points will come realistically, whereas I do agree it was too easy on previous iterations. Ironically I was looking forward to this game for the exact reasons you listed. I got tired of having 70 points a season as a D-man, when I was simply playing my position. I really want to enjoy this mode, I've just been struggling to so far. What are your shot accuracy/goalie sliders at?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 10:33 PM   #6
Rookie

Caniac94's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikesburgh
This is exactly what I'm looking for. I just don't know how to get it to play well. So many times my teammates just turn the puck over or don't know what to do with it. What sliders did you tweak? I'd love to start over as a Defenseman, because then my points will come realistically, whereas I do agree it was too easy on previous iterations. Ironically I was looking forward to this game for the exact reasons you listed. I got tired of having 70 points a season as a D-man, when I was simply playing my position. I really want to enjoy this mode, I've just been struggling to so far. What are your shot accuracy/goalie sliders at?
I mostly just modified One Timer, Wrist Shot, and Slap shot accuracies. I adjusted some more things but since I can't remember exactly what I touched I'll just post all the sliders I am using right now right here. Maybe they'll work for you, maybe not. Hopefully they get the job done. Again, the base for these are Al Tito's sliders and not mine but in some areas I made some tweaks and I feel it still needs some small tweaks in various areas but these are playing great so far. Also, I am using Superstar difficulty as well instead of All Star but you can use All Star if Superstar feels to hard.

GENERAL

Gameplay Version - Latest
Attribute Effects - 5/10
Broken Stick Frequency - 33/100
Game Speed - 3/6

Fatigue Effect - CPU & Human are 75/100 (could be tweaked for more effect)
Fatigue Recovery - CPU & Human are 30/100
Injury Occurence - CPU & Human are 50/100

SKATING

Back skating - 45/100
Hustle type - Authentic
Puck Carrier Agility - 40/100
Puck Carrier Skating - 40/100
Player Acceleration - CPU & Human are 50/100
Skating Speed - CPU & Human are 50/100
Skating Agility - CPU & Human are 45/100

SHOOTING

One Timer Accuracy - CPU & Human are 25/100
Shot Accuracy - CPU & Human are 20/100
Shot Power - CPU & Human are 50/100
Slap Shot Accuracy - CPU & Human are 25/100
Slap Shot Power - CPU & Human are 60/100

PASSING

Manual Passing - On
Pass Assist - 20/100
Min Pass Speed - 35/100
Max Pass Speed - 65/100
Saucer Pass Speed - 60/100
Pass Accuracy - CPU is at 20/100, Human is at 40/100
Pass Interceptions - CPU & Human are 80/100
Pass Reception Ease - CPU is at 0/100, Human is at 20/100
Reception Reaction Time - CPU & Human are 30/100
Puck Control Rating Effect - CPU & Human are 60/100
Puck Speed Reception Effect - CPU & Human are 60/100
Pickup Type Effect - CPU & Human are 70/100
Bouncing Puck Receptions - CPU & Human are 40/100

PUCK CONTROL

Incidental Contact Puck Loss - Stick, Legs, and Body
Incidental Stick Contact Immunity - 0/100
Puck Control - CPU & Human are 0/100
Deking Impact - CPU & Human are 60/100
Spin Deke Impact - CPU & Human are 65/100
Skating Impact - CPU & Human are 60/100

GOALIES

Goalie Cover Frequency - 75/100
Goalie Passing - 40/100
Goalie Cross Crease Reaction Time - CPU & Human are 45/100
Goalie Save Reaction Time - CPU & Human are 50/100
Goalie Deflection Reaction Time - CPU & Human are 45/100
Goalie Screen Effect - CPU & Human are 65/100
Goalie Screen Persistence - CPU & Human are 60/100

CHECKING

Board Effect Non Puck Carrier - 60/100
Board Effect Puck Carrier - 60/100
Hitting Assistance - 10/100
Stumble Threshold - 80/100
Aggression - CPU & Human are 55/100
Hitting Power - CPU & Human are 45/100
Size Effect - CPU & Human are 35/100
Speed Effect - CPU & Human are 35/100
Checking/Balance Rating Effect - CPU & Human are 85/100
Preparedness Effect - CPU & Human are 55/100
Incidental Contact Effect - CPU & Human are 70/100
Poke Checking Range - CPU & Human are 10/100
Poke Checking Accuracy - CPU & Human are 40/100
Poke Checking Power - CPU & Human are 60/100
Stick Lift Effectiveness - CPU & Human are 60/100

PENALTIES

CPU Penalties - 64/100 (need to turn this down a little)
CPU Teammate Penalties - 62/100 (need to turn this down a little too)
Tripping - CPU & Human are 60/100
Slashing - CPU & Human are 60/100
Elbowing - CPU & Human are 30/100
High Sticking - CPU & Human are 60/100
Cross Checking - CPU & Human are 60/100
Boarding - CPU & Human are 60/100
Charging - CPU & Human are 60/100
Delay of Game - CPU & Human are 60/100
Holding - CPU & Human are 60/100
Hooking - CPU & Human are 60/100
Interference - CPU & Human are 90/100

AI

AI Learning - 6/6
CPU Difficulty Adjustment - 0/6
CPU Faceoff Difficulty - 50/100
Fight Difficulty - 50/100
CPU Strategy Adjustment - 4/6
User Strategy Adjustment - 0/6
BAP Strategy Adjustment - 3/6

Also, under the RULES section in Settings I changed:

Fighting to 1/2
Penalties to 3/4
Penalty Time Scaling to 5/6
Coincidental Penalty Time Scaling to 5/6
Old 09-16-2016, 10:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Thanks so much for these! I'll have to check em out. I plan on playing 5-6 games tonight to see how it goes.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:58 AM   #8
Rookie

Unfortunately it didn't get much better. I was a -3 and the CPU scored all 3 goals on fade away one timers :/

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »