Home

Franchise Mode Questions for a beginner

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode Questions for a beginner within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Madden 25 Vs. College Football 25: A New Battleground
NBA 2K25 Gameplay Improvements, Trailer, News Release Schedule
EA Sports College Football 25 Review

Old 09-16-2016, 09:52 AM   #1
Rookie

2knuckleshuffle's Arena

OVR: 2
Franchise Mode Questions for a beginner

So i'm a relative newb to Madden. Been an NCAA guy my whole life and only bought madden 1 other time. In regards to franchise mode (offline)

INJURIES

I've played 5 games and my record is 3-2 (Saints). My team is plagued with about 8 or 9 injuries. However, as of 2 weeks ago (game time), according to the injury report, 2 of my players had 0 weeks left until return and were no longer injured, however, i do not see them in my lineup. How do i get these guys back in the depth chart?
Now about 5 or 6 of the 8 or 9 injured were on the injury list before the season started based on the Madden update. Could the reason i'm not seeing them be because there isn't any roster room? How do I see my roster availability on this game?

CAP SPACE and renegotiating contracts

What does the cap space mean when renegotiating contracts? I'm trying not to get myself in a position where i sign all these players and i think i'm ok in my cap room, yet 2 years down the road i've massively over shot my cap room. I've been hesitant of signing or trading anyone because i have no clue what it is doing to my cap. I assume the cap amount that is shown is for the next year for contract negotiations? What about for Trades? If i trade a DE for a WR, do i assume the WR's contract value, or am i still paying on the DE's contract until his contract is up? Is there a way to see your cap room several years in advance so you can plan your acquisitions around your cap space?

This game is not very user friendly, and i haven't found the answers to these questions on google.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 12:01 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Franchise Mode Questions for a beginner

injuries
what is your injury slider set to?

have generally found, the more you lose games, the more injuries you get. i've had seasons with lots of injuries and season with fewer injuries but the one consistent thing i've found is that over time, as my team improves i have fewer injuries.

however, this is highly anecdotal. i've done no research or study on this.

cap space
do you follow the sport in real life?

the salary is the amount you have to spend on player salaries each year. if you're being told you have $17.45m in cap space next year it means you have that much money to spend on new contracts for the next season.

this is a very simple explanation of the cap. do you need more?
Old 09-16-2016, 12:15 PM   #3
Rookie

2knuckleshuffle's Arena

Quote:
have generally found, the more you lose games, the more injuries you get. i've had seasons with lots of injuries and season with fewer injuries but the one consistent thing i've found is that over time, as my team improves i have fewer injuries.
My sliders are set to default. But i'm going to turn them down. Anyone know how to get their injured players back on the team when they are healed? I had 2 players that said they had 0 weeks left of recovery and were no longer injured according to the Injury report. I progress the week (bye week) still not there. I play this week, progress, and again, they are no where on my depth chart or roster. How do i get these guys to play?
Old 09-16-2016, 12:32 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2knuckleshuffle
My sliders are set to default. But i'm going to turn them down. Anyone know how to get their injured players back on the team when they are healed? I had 2 players that said they had 0 weeks left of recovery and were no longer injured according to the Injury report. I progress the week (bye week) still not there. I play this week, progress, and again, they are no where on my depth chart or roster. How do i get these guys to play?
did you put the inured player on the IR? if so, he's done for the year.

should you put a player on IR, you get that players roster spot back. if you don't, you cannot sign (or trade for) a replacement.

does that make sense?
Old 09-16-2016, 12:58 PM   #5
Rookie

2knuckleshuffle's Arena

Quote:
did you put the inured player on the IR? if so, he's done for the year.
No. Neither of the 2 that is ready state they were on IR. Their recovery time was 6 or 7 weeks. These were players that were injured before the start of my season and have just become well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 01:04 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2knuckleshuffle
No. Neither of the 2 that is ready state they were on IR. Their recovery time was 6 or 7 weeks. These were players that were injured before the start of my season and have just become well.
so they were injured coming into your CFM?

my guess, in reality, their team has put them on IR. for instance, the niners' NT ian williams is on IR in real life so he was on IR when i started my CFM.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:46 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Sounds like you started cfm with preexisting injuries on. As mentioned, those players were probably unavailable due to rl injuries. You can try going to settings and turning them off, those players may still return.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »