Home

OSFM or Kingsransom for new franchise?

This is a discussion on OSFM or Kingsransom for new franchise? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2016, 09:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
OSFM or Kingsransom for new franchise?

Which roster set is better for starting a new franchise? I am looking for the most accurate player ratings as possible in the big leagues and farm systems for every team.

I just want to know which way most OS'ers lean. Thanks for your feedback in advance guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 09:16 PM   #2
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OSFM or Kingsransom for new franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by triballeo
Which roster set is better for starting a new franchise? I am looking for the most accurate player ratings as possible in the big leagues and farm systems for every team.

I just want to know which way most OS'ers lean. Thanks for your feedback in advance guys.
Osfm. Kings ransom rates guys wayyyyyyyyyy to low.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Okay thanks bud. Any recommendations on sliders? or should I just leave them to default? pitching/batting camera angle recommendations would be appreciated as well if you have the time.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:21 PM   #4
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by triballeo
Okay thanks bud. Any recommendations on sliders? or should I just leave them to default? pitching/batting camera angle recommendations would be appreciated as well if you have the time.
Fenway Macs are head and shoulders above all IMO when it comes to sliders. Angle recommendations are up to you but I do MLB 15 the Show for hitting and pitcher center for pitching. Those mix performance and arthritis. The most popular is fish eye with broadcast. The best for performance only would be strike zone for both, but there is no aesthetic value.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:22 PM   #5
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

And by the way, I personally use the MLB on Fox rosters. It is so much better than any others in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 02:55 AM   #6
Banned

powerswingking's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonlyjmo7
Osfm. Kings ransom rates guys wayyyyyyyyyy to low.
No way brotha that roster is designed so that the franchise's are as engaging and believable in year 1 as they are in year 5 without sacrificing anything on either end or in between.

The attributes have to go as low as I have them in order to get a realistic progression process on certain types of players. Many players in the majors and minors that deserve it are rated higher on mine than other rosters but for some reason people are concerned when 18-19 year olds or 30+ career minor league bench players that are batting at mendoza line are under 50 overall like it's going to break their chances of getting that last wild card spot or something??

Way too many players jammed in 60s/70s in most rosters and it really takes away some of the intrigue of watching players progress most of your players are good enough to put in game at the MLB level and have sustained success. Also takes away some of the fun of watching 90+ overall players when the league average is not even far away and average players are in the 80s. Really dulls the value of superstars in the talent pool when everyone can do the same cool things for 20 million dollars less per year.

Last edited by powerswingking; 09-14-2016 at 03:06 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:26 AM   #7
Rookie

If you want an opening day roster then the only choices are the OSFM Hybrid roster or MLB on Fox. I suggest the OSFM Hybrid for now since MLB on Fox is unfinished sadly (missing players, broken lineups/rotations, missing pitch edits, missing equipment).

If you want just updated transactions OSFM or Kings Ransom are the only choices I know of. I never tested the latter but I'm not certain whether it will play well with the generated rookies from the draft.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:26 AM   #8
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

OSFM Hybrid is my set of choice. And, I'm totally unbiased.........

Many of the "pop up" rosters that come out late in the season tend to over-promise and under-deliver. Some threads seem to be nothing more than attention-grabbing ploys at best/trolling at worst (not true of all rosters, some actually are rational and not completely random at least...The Game's set comes to mind as a non-OSFM set that is decent). Or they just basically take the OSFM, mess with a couple of things and re-issue it under a different name.

That's why the label "OSFM" means a lot around these parts. Accept nothing less!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »