Home

The Art Team Really Tanked This Year.

This is a discussion on The Art Team Really Tanked This Year. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-10-2016, 04:47 PM   #1
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4
The Art Team Really Tanked This Year.

I just wanna start off say this is constructive criticism, and I don't wanna sound like this bashing, but I have quite a few gripes about this year's graphics.

1. MyPlayers Look Hilariously Overweight And Awkward.
Idk if this is just me, but every time I see my myplayer I just cringe at how awkward and fat he looks. The my player body types are unrealistic as well. It's really everything from the EXTREMELY badly fitting joggers, to the hyper sloped shoulders. I don't know who they got to do the mo-cap, but it just looks bad all together. One theory of mine is that they just made the default clothes look extra bad because I've seen a my player in a suit, and they don't look as bad.

2. Player Body Types are awful.
Before in 2k17 I didn't care about bodytypes at all, but this year they completely tanked with the body types. They changed body types they didn't need to change, and the changed most of them into half assed versions of the high school body. The used all of the same awful body types for most players, and I don't want to ever call the people who make 2k lazy, because they work on a schedule and most of the time they don't even have control on what they put into the game really, but I really don't know what to call this other then laziness.

THIS IS MY OPINION

3. Animations Are Getting Clunkier.
I don't think the art team has to do with this but the animations are a more cartoony to me like NBA Live. The gameplay is way more responsive, but way less smooth. IDK what the community day members where saying when they said "The game is more smooth". The gameplay is better... but it looks way less smooth in my opinion.

4. Lighting Is Worse IMO.
This is just my opinion, but I think the lighting in this game is worse then 2k16. Sure 2k16 gives everyone a pink glow, but 2k16 looks way more vibrant and real. 2k16 for me will remain the best looking 2k.

Last edited by JJRuelz; 09-10-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 04:50 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Art Team Really Tanked This Year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
I just wanna start off say this is constructive criticism, and I don't wanna sound like this bashing, but I have quite a few gripes about this year's graphics.

1. MyPlayers Look Hilarious Overweight And Awkward.
Idk if this is just me, but every time I see my myplayer I just cringe at how awkward and fat he looks. The my player body types are unrealistic as well. It's really everything from the EXTREMELY badly fitting joggers, to the hyper sloped shoulders. I don't know who they got to do the mo-cap, but it just looks bad all together. One theory of mine is that they just made the default clothes look extra bad because I've seen a my player in a suit, and they don't look as bad.

2. Player Body Types are awful.
Before in 2k17 I didn't care about bodytypes at all, but this year they completely tanked with the body types. They changed body types they didn't need to change, and the changed most of them into half assed versions of the high school body. The used all of the same awful body types for most players, and I don't want to ever call the people who make 2k lazy, because they work on a schedule and most of the time they don't even have control on what they put into the game really, but I really don't know what to call this other then laziness.

3. Animations Are Clunkier.
I don't think the art team has to do with this but the animations are a lot more cartoony like NBA Live. The gameplay is way more responsive, but way less smooth. IDK what the community day members where saying when they said "The game is more smooth". The gameplay is better... but it looks way less smooth in my opinion.

4. Lighting Is Worse.
This is just my opinion, but I think the lighting in this game is worse then 2k16. Sure 2k16 gives everyone a pink glow, but 2k16 looks way more vibrant and real. 2k16 for me will remain the best looking 2k.

Realize that these are your opinions and not facts
Old 09-10-2016, 04:52 PM   #3
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketballGuru88
I stated multiple times that this is just my opinion.

Did you even read what I said?

Last edited by JJRuelz; 09-10-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:02 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 49

i would have agree this has been in issue since the beginning of this generation seems to down grade every yr since. Its hard to believe that they really are scan body as well. They really need to give back the the option to change body types.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:04 PM   #5
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketballGuru88
Most player models being terrible and way off (like Giannis) is a fact. As is his skin tone. As is his hair. As is the uniform color.

Bodies are either way too thick or way too skinny. So much worse than last year.

I have to disagree about the lighting, tho. It seems a little better this year.

They need to let us edit body sizes. Look at Maddens CAP...you can change body weight/sizes for every part of the body, as well as definition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 05:05 PM   #6
Rookie

What a poor opinion
Old 09-10-2016, 05:11 PM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

1 & 2 agree with you to a certain extent.

I notice you didnt provide an example for 3..I cant say anything about this game rubs me as clunky....interactions are so much more seamless, ive rarely seen anything canned...can you show the clunky moments you mean?

4. There are already 2k16/17 comparisons out there....I dont know of you can say 16 is that much vibrant...in the pics it looked the other way around
Old 09-10-2016, 05:11 PM   #8
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopoffthiscliff
What a poor opinion
You cant honestly look at this and this and tell me that's good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »