Home

BLOCK RECOVERY: another solution to the parrying

This is a discussion on BLOCK RECOVERY: another solution to the parrying within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 09:09 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
BLOCK RECOVERY: another solution to the parrying

I think anyone who knows anything about real life MMA/boxing knows that the parries in this game are nowhere near realistic because parries don't STUN.

I've suggested parries to be removed specifically for hooks and uppercuts, not sure how seriously the devs are considering that but here's another simpler solution:

BLOCK RECOVERY. Anyone who gets parried has a micro second to press the block button to bring his guard back up immediately to "close" any openings the parry may have caused.

It's an active system that makes parrying a two-way street. Players are always looking to parry, let them, so long as the parried has a chance to still defend himself. If the parried always reacts in time, good. That is the intended result.

The burden goes to the parried fighter, if they are slacking and don't immediately press the block button after getting parried, then they open themselves up to the usual window the parries cause.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2016, 11:33 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: BLOCK RECOVERY: another solution to the parrying

This is a wonderful idea.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:22 AM   #3
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Considering hit stuns and the penalty for trying to deny fakes, among other things, I don't see why parry gets singled out.

There are so many other instances were you can't do anything.

At first I was fine with removing that from parrying for the sake of realism.

After some thought of I have to deal with that kind of stuff everywhere else then people should deal with it in the parry situation as well.

Last edited by Dave_S; 09-12-2016 at 12:25 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:32 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Considering hit stuns and the penalty for trying to deny fakes, among other things, I don't see why parry gets singled out.

There are so many other instances were you can't do anything.

At first I was fine with removing that from parrying for the sake of realism.

After some thought of I have to deal with that kind of stuff everywhere else then people should deal with it in the parry situation as well.
Parries get "singled out" because they throw a wrench in the flow of the game. Also, there have been countless complaints about the parries even from the days of Fight Night. Fight Night Champion did away with the parries (sort of) then it came back in EA Sports UFC 1, then 2. It's the one thing that EA absolutely refuses to touch. I've been saying it recently, it's as though EA needs to keep it for legal purposes.

At any rate, since EA seems to really cater to arcade sensibilities, maybe they can view the block recovery as something similar to performing a roll in arcade fighters whenever you get knocked down in order to avoid follow up ground attacks.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:00 PM   #5
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I hear you man. Different strokes for different folks, and it take different strokes to move the world.

I get stunned frequently on the ground, caught it in hit stun combos, undeniable transitions, ect. I don't lose their often, but certainly get caught there. So from my perspective I'm fine with in. I'm average player, up to level 6 I think I only lost once due to parries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 06:25 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I hear you man. Different strokes for different folks, and it take different strokes to move the world.

I get stunned frequently on the ground, caught it in hit stun combos, undeniable transitions, ect. I don't lose their often, but certainly get caught there. So from my perspective I'm fine with in. I'm average player, up to level 6 I think I only lost once due to parries.
As I've said numerous times, I don't care about losing/winning online. All I know is whenever I lose it's because of cheese, NEVER been beaten straight up, not bragging that's just fact. It doesn't bother me, I play 99% OFFLINE, and when I'm playing against the CPU, I just want a realistic match with a realistic flow in my make believe world. I don't play for street cred, I just want a sim style entertainment, and if there's only one thing that could be changed in this game that would yield exponential benefits, it would be the parries.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »