Home

Draft Champions

This is a discussion on Draft Champions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-08-2016, 02:11 PM   #1
Rookie

BTW8892's Arena

OVR: 3
Draft Champions

So I played a bit of draft champions last night when NHL 17 was released, and I noticed something a little strange. Now it could be a bug or something (although I don't think it is), but regardless of what team theme you pick, you can match up with anyone.

For example, I picked the rookie theme and had the likes of Eichel/Gaudreau/Mackinnon/Larkin as my top players. When I did the online matchmaking, I was meeting up with teams that were clearly using the All-Star theme and had Ovi/Crosby/Malkin/Stamkos/Legends/etc.

When they first gave us a glance at this mode, it gave off the impression that you would matchup with people who selected the same team theme. Now that this doesn't appear to be the case, there's absolutely no incentive to play as a lower tier team, because at the end of the day, every theme rewards the same.

It would be nice to see some sort of tiered reward system implemented, where you get rewarded a little higher for using weaker team themes. The mode is still a blast but I just feel like without any tiered rewards, we won't see any of the lower themes being used all that much online.

I'm curious to see what other people think about this.

Last edited by BTW8892; 09-08-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 07:47 PM   #2
NBA 2K17 Online Producer

OVR: 0
Re: Draft Champions

I have only been doing offline. Drafting over and over. If anyone see's Sergei Fedorov, LET ME KNOW. I have seen a bunch of classic players but I am curious is Fedorov made the cut.
Old 09-10-2016, 04:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Draft Champions

Personally i like the varied matchups..

I have a couple of gripes.

1. I have no idea how people are being matched? I'm an ok player, and i've played 6 games so far. I've been crushed in some (7-1) and won big once, and others were close. Seems very random.

2. Lag has been an issue at times .. on a gigabit connection, shouldn't happen with the right matchup ping. Maybe this gets better when more people get the game

3. Rewards are just terrible. When i lost the first game twice - i didn't expect much, but i got 1 pack that had i think 150 coins.. kind of useless. When I one 2 games and lost the 3rd I got 2 packs that each had 1 card - Dynasty Collection. Wtf??

I love the concept and using heros makes it fun, but the rewards take away from the point of the draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »