Home

What's your sim process?

This is a discussion on What's your sim process? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-06-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
What's your sim process?

Just finished my first complete MLB season ever, including an NLDS series and 7 game NLCS series. As proud as I was for finishing the season playing every pitch of every game, man it took a long time, even on quick counts and fast play. Id like to get some ideas on what you guys use for a simulation process? Going to be starting up another franchise and hope to do 4-5 seasons on it.

Top idea at the moment: Play 3 games per month & then 1st and elimination game of playoff games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 12:05 PM   #2
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What's your sim process?

I play every 6th game in season that way you use a different starter and every 3rd game in the playoffs
Old 09-06-2016, 12:44 PM   #3
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
Just finished my first complete MLB season ever, including an NLDS series and 7 game NLCS series. As proud as I was for finishing the season playing every pitch of every game, man it took a long time, even on quick counts and fast play. Id like to get some ideas on what you guys use for a simulation process? Going to be starting up another franchise and hope to do 4-5 seasons on it.

Top idea at the moment: Play 3 games per month & then 1st and elimination game of playoff games.
I alternate between playing every 4th game and every 6th game depending on how my team is doing. I'm currently in 2021, but have only made the playoffs once.

Watch me play video games
Old 09-06-2016, 02:20 PM   #4
MVP

saintrules's Arena

The every 6 games sounds pretty appealing...27 games keeps it from being a marathon but does give enough playing time to become attached to the team.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:50 PM   #5
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

My sim process? Something like this...

Play games, then sim games, look at stats.... Proceed to have OCD go frantic that I'm not responsible for said stats......................... Start over franchise.

Lol.

I'm serious though.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #6
Rookie

wolfsjetta12's Arena

OVR: 1

In my first season I played every 6th game like a few of you have done. But in my current season I usually play the first game of every series then sim the rest. Unless it's a division opponent then I'll just sim the second game and play the first and third game. I do use quick counts which helps keep the game time down. I can usually get two or three games in about three hours or so, depending on the game.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:43 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

I play the first game of every series. On the rest of the series I set up lineups with sportscast manager so the AI doesn't screw with my lineups and batting order, then as soon as it starts simming, I exit and get the final score and boxscore.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:47 PM   #8
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
The every 6 games sounds pretty appealing...27 games keeps it from being a marathon but does give enough playing time to become attached to the team.
i have a hard time my self being attached to my team if i dont play every game. because then my players stats are based on games that i didnt play so doesnt really give me that feel, but that could be just me.

but ya in order to get through a few seasons you basically have to sim some games or ur just not going to get through more than 1 season really.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »